Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as I'd love to see some remasters, I agree. They're not going back. They're moving forward right now. The focus is on the new album(s?) and the upcoming tour.

unless you goto U2.com.. where you're fed a steday diet of Propaganda reprints and Northside Stories promos.

:wink:

it IS interesting to note that the remasters seem to have stopped.

unless you goto U2.com.. where you're fed a steady diet of Propaganda reprints and Northside Stories promos.

:wink:

it IS interesting to note that the remasters seem to have stopped.

Pffft, most of that stuff isn't even accessible unless you're a paid subscriber. I'll pass.

And yeah, they were doing steady remasters and box sets right up through JT. And then they skipped over R&H and all the Lovetown stuff, to release the AB remasters/box set for its anniversary. There hasn't been anything since.

I have the JT box set, but not the AB one....couldn't manage it with 360 going on at the same time. :doh: Someday I'll have to track it down.

I think we've all been expecting a scaled back arena tour, but it's good to hear at least partially confirmed. It's frankly what I've been hoping for.

If they can recapture some of the magic from the Elevation tour, it won't matter that much to me as much what the record sounds like. On the other hand, in a scaled back show the focus is going to be much more on the music (where it belongs) and in that case, the music is really going to have to deliver. Without all the flash of 360, there won't be any shiny objects to distract the audience (well, except Adam for CK), and the band is going to have to bring it.

Just keep Adam out of the white trousers and all will be well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude
clearly.

now, I'd also appreciate your analysis of this

lovetown_640.jpg

This image clearly requires an extensive socio-political critique.

I'd ask Jeevey.

Looks kind of like a big vagina carrying a torch to me. :shrug:

Is this already posted?

U2 ‘recording’ new album in famous Crouch End studios - News - Broadway - Hampstead and Highgate Express
Rumours are rife that world famous rock band U2 has descended on Crouch End to record their new album at the iconic Church Studios.

The Dublin-based band is believed to be recording at the venue in Crouch Hill, taken over by British producer Paul Epwoth in October.

It is thought the foursome are working with Mr Epworth, the co-writer of Adele’s Oscar-winning Bond theme tune, on their 13th studio album, due to be released later this year.

Lead singer Bono, guitarist The Edge and drummer Larry Mullen have also been spotted dining at Spiazzo in The Broadway over the last few weeks.

According to staff, who could not resist asking the stars to pose for a snap, they have been feasting on T-bone steak, pizza, pasta and enjoying “lots of wine”.

Manager Marcel Ritelli said the band members have been causing quite the stir, adding: “It’s been nice and pleasurable to have them here.”

Last year residents feared Church Studios was going to be turned into flats after previous owner singer-songwriter David Gray got permission to convert the building into five luxury apartments.

But Mr Epwoth, who has also worked with the likes of Paul McCartney, Florence and the Machine and Plan B, put a stop to these plans by making an offer on the converted chapel.

It is currently undergoing a refurbishment to make it a “viable commercial business”

Hmm.. very interesting indeed.
If you compare the picture that Paul Epworth posted a couple of weeks back to the board on the site of the studio they do look quite the same. Chances are very big they are really recording there.
Is there nobody around there to see if there's activity there or maybe even a spark of music flying out?

"[...] taken over in October"

Namely immediately after they completed the work on OL. :hmm:

Did they like his remix?
Did they think OL was missing something that Epworth could bring to other songs?

Interference, do your best and speculate. :wink:

Hmm.. very interesting indeed.
If you compare the picture that Paul Epworth posted a couple of weeks back to the board on the site of the studio they do look quite the same. Chances are very big they are really recording there.
Is there nobody around there to see if there's activity there or maybe even a spark of music flying out?

I work around the corner from there and have posted a couple of bits of info in the last few weeks, but it just tends to get lost amongst the general blah blah or nonsensical rubbish that people are posting here.

According to staff, who could not resist asking the stars to pose for a snap, they have been feasting on T-bone steak, pizza, pasta and enjoying “lots of wine”.

Translate that into: No tour. Never ever.

When U2 go on tour I'm cool with stripped down. They don't need all the over the top stuff anymore. ZooTV was fun but they are so good live they don't need it. 4 guys, a stage and music... I'm down with that :D

So....everyone is naked then? That's certainly a double-edged sword. Actually its a lot of swords...a sword-fest....if you will. For all of the exposed dongs I hope we get some boobies and hoohoo's.

They've always enjoyed good wine, but for instance back in the ZooTV metabolism was faster.

Anyway, is their metabolism ok?

I work around the corner from there and have posted a couple of bits of info in the last few weeks, but it just tends to get lost amongst the general blah blah or nonsensical rubbish that people are posting here.

The photo of Bono through the window was pretty super. Do you go by often?

Guys, I've talked with a music journalist here in Brasil, and he said little bit about the -- tour plans --. He said "as far as he knows", there's already (since later last year) a bunch of talking for U2 being here in the first semester of 2015. (I've said this before, and someone said this too, the person who talked about this was south american as well, but I don't recall who was).

But he said a little bit more: he said that the companies were talking very often about setting a date, because U2 and Coldplay may visit South America in very close dates. I don't know very much about Coldplay, but I think they're about to release an album, right? And they cancelled a South American tour last year, so is very likely that they're willing to do some concerts here very soon.

I wonder something: if they indeed made tour plans (booking venues and etc), and their venues were already booked for SA, they could do a promo tour in US/Europe, and start the tour in Latin/SA in order to maintain the dates they already booked.... This could minimize the costs (presuming they already booked some venues over here)

By the way...

More often just recently it's got to be said! :wink:

Close enough to kidnap a drunk Bono and made him tell us all? :shifty:

Those aren't witbieren or hefeweizen, those are Belgian trappist/abbey beers. :wink: witbier/weissbier is made with wheat(German word for wheat is weiss, weis is white so that's the mistranslation in Dutch and Belgium where it is called white beer). In Belgium they often go by the french blanche. I get the confusion though, as the beers you mentioned are considered Blonde beers. But those aren't the same as white ones. :) They usually contain more alcohol than pilseners.

It's Westvleteren btw. ;)

Thanks for the Belgian spelling lesson. Actually I was just listing what I like. Trappists! :up:

I like the German Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Yum!

Could you share your bits of info again?
I rather would not go trough all the blah again.
Things seems to get lost quite often here :)
Thx!

Just keep Adam out of the white trousers and all will be well.

tumblr_mg2u9p8oyV1ra6sldo2_500.gif

And at the end all these happy knights took refuge in Lord Clayton's castle.

Sorry, CK and PLEBAns.

A sword-fest involving nude U2? Where else WOULD it be besides Lord Clayton's? I mean, he's the one most likely to be responsible for that sort of thing. :whistle:

That said, I'm sure it'd make for a lovely story. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom