Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) You should do a commercial that includes a song off the album during the most watched TV over hyped event that is the Super Bowl! Estimated audience is about 100 million.

2) You should appear on the first Tonight Show for Jimmy Fallon, which will no doubt be one of the biggest late big audiences of the year, at least 10 million viewers

3) since you are nominated for an Oscar, they will then perform on the telecast, which will be the highest rated of all awards shows with about 30 million viewers

4) then you just show up at soccer events and do random interviews about the album being done when it's done and casing magic and shit but here is the BIG payoff....you don't release anything.

That about covers it.

Three days without any internet signal, and I thought that maybe I would lose any big announcement. Mixed feelings right now.

Anyway, I do think this is the 10th thread about the new album where I post, yey! :wave::wave: (/havenoidea about the numbers, but ten is a good number, so..)

So this is my interpretation of an idea tossed around to U2 by someone who was high on crack that they all must have liked:

"Guys, I have the perfect idea to promote the new album in the states"

1) You should do a commercial that includes a song off the album during the most watched TV over hyped event that is the Super Bowl! Estimated audience is about 100 million.

2) You should appear on the first Tonight Show for Jimmy Fallon, which will no doubt be one of the biggest late night audiences of the year, at least 10 million viewers

3) since you are nominated for an Oscar, they will then perform on the telecast, which will be the highest rated of all awards shows with about 30 million viewers

4) then you just show up at soccer events and do random interviews about the album being done when it's done and chasing magic and shit but here is the BIG payoff....you don't release anything.

"So, what do you guys think?"

:up:

4) then you just show up at soccer events

What football(soccer)events did they go to?

Probably a Hefeweizen which is a type of Weissbier. My favorite is Franziskaner.

Sounds familiar. I know the name of the beer had a German name.
There was this one character in the bar. He was in his 70's and a former
U-Boat commander. He'd be off in his own little world singing songs in
German all night.

weihenstephaner hefe weissbier

I think that's it! Or something very similar. I didn't actually order the
beer. The owner said "try this," so I did and I tried another and another.
I vaguely remember the owner asking me "you're not diving, I hope?"
The bar eventually closed down. These bike gangs started showing up
and somebody got murdered.

Well we all knew that. It's going to be a scaled-back arena tour. And I'm perfectly okay with that. They can't possibly top the spectacle that was 360 and The Claw, so why would they put that sort of pressure on themselves?

Well, if there is any artist out there that would, its U2. ZOO TV did not keep them from trying to top it.

Well we all knew that. It's going to be a scaled-back arena tour. And I'm perfectly okay with that. They can't possibly top the spectacle that was 360 and The Claw, so why would they put that sort of pressure on themselves?

They shouldn't...they can't top the scope of 360 tour now. They did it, most lucrative band tour in history. Now they have to focus on the songs and give us eargasms :rimshot: :bono: :adam: :edge:

Lovetown rocked like nobody's business.

Im sure they'll never scale it back quite that far, but I'm fine with the less-is-more approach. The band seem to play like they have something to prove in those situations.

I think we've all been expecting a scaled back arena tour, but it's good to hear at least partially confirmed. It's frankly what I've been hoping for.

If they can recapture some of the magic from the Elevation tour, it won't matter that much to me as much what the record sounds like. On the other hand, in a scaled back show the focus is going to be much more on the music (where it belongs) and in that case, the music is really going to have to deliver. Without all the flash of 360, there won't be any shiny objects to distract the audience (well, except Adam for CK), and the band is going to have to bring it.

as an aside, look a this killer Lovetown poster.

lovetown_graphic_rene2_640.jpg

time for them to play with some new imagery!

seems like the last 20 years they've only given us variations on this:
images

u2-360-tour-2010-poster.jpg

nothing but black leather, closeups of boots and Bono's open mouth

Well, if there is any artist out there that would, its U2. ZOO TV did not keep them from trying to top it.

Yeah, and we've all agreed PopMart was a bit of a mess. I doubt they're going to repeat that mistake. It took them over 10 years to even TRY a stadium tour in the US again.

I saw both Vertigo and 360...360 was a spectacle. On a grand scale. It was fabulous. But Vertigo had its own quiet intimacy and touches that made IT special as well.

No matter what they do, it'll be awesome. I just think scaled-back is probably their better option since there is no topping 360. Not even for them. They should make it all about the music this time around. Especially given how long it's been between albums/tours.

This Lovetown poster is clearly designed to show a red-armed skeleton of Bono doing a Nazi salute over the Islamic crescent, while stepping on the American flag.

Coincidence? I think not.

lovetown_graphic_rene2_640.jpg

This Lovetown poster is clearly designed to show a red-armed skeleton of Bono doing a Nazi salute over the Islamic crescent, while stepping on the American flag.

Coincidence? I think not.

clearly.

now, I'd also appreciate your analysis of this

lovetown_640.jpg

HINT: it's all about the glories of Reagan

Back
Top Bottom