Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose if they drop two albums this year that averages one every 2.5 years since NLOTH which isn't too bad an output for a band at this stage of their career

For me, the best part about my early 20's was not giving a shit that I'd look back and regret some of the poor decisions I made. Luckily, none of them were bad enough to set me back too far. :wink:

:up:

things are pretty quiet on the U2 front now.. not a peep.

:|

I suppose if they drop two albums this year that averages one every 2.5 years since NLOTH which isn't too bad an output for a band at this stage of their career

You think they are going to drop 2 albums at the same time? And that too this year itself? :huh: Have we learnt nothing from observing this band?? :lol:

For me, the best part about my early 20's was not giving a shit that I'd look back and regret some of the poor decisions I made. Luckily, none of them were bad enough to set me back too far. :wink:

Yes, one of the decisions that I regret when I was 19 was not going to U2's Outside Broadcast in the Summer of 1992. I didn't have the money for a ticket and a friend offered to buy a ticket for me, but, for reasons I can't remember, I didn't accept. :doh:

I'll gladly prove my point if you're ever over here. Belgium and Germany are just around the corner. :wink:

Probably a Hefeweizen which is a type of Weissbier. My favorite is Franziskaner.

Yup those are often served with lemon, though nobody really understands why. :lol:

Franziskaner is awesome, though I have a soft spot for Paulaner as well. And our Dutch Korenwolf isn't too bad either.

Drink anything New Belgium, Rogue or Dogfish Head and then edit this post.

Samuel Smith's is my favorite brewery though.
I'll gladly try anything to disprove my own point, as long as it isn't shite like budweiser.. my god that was horrible.

Rochefort 8, Westmalle Tripel and Westvlataren 12. Most Belgian Witbiers with an Orange slice can hit the spot.

I'm sure Danger Mouse is happy to go on vacation and finish albums with other bands before returning to his U2 day job.

Those aren't witbieren or hefeweizen, those are Belgian trappist/abbey beers. :wink: witbier/weissbier is made with wheat(German word for wheat is weiss, weis is white so that's the mistranslation in Dutch and Belgium where it is called white beer). In Belgium they often go by the french blanche. I get the confusion though, as the beers you mentioned are considered Blonde beers. But those aren't the same as white ones. :) They usually contain more alcohol than pilseners.

It's Westvleteren btw. ;)

This is a good sign...There's an old saying "no news=good news" and in U2's case that means they're busy finishing the damn album.

This is the calm before the storm :sexywink:
We'll hear something within the next 2 weeks...

:yes: I'm still curious to find out who the 'artist' is behind that iTunes "Beyonce-esque" article from the last thread. Anyone hear anything else on that yet??

How many times do we have to tell you it's going to be rhianna?

The same Rihanna who announced she's going on tour for at least six shows with Eminem, and the same Rihanna who released an album almost every year for the past decade with the exception of two years -- including last year?

Psht. Clearly it's U2's triple album.

The same Rihanna who announced she's going on tour for at least six shows with Eminem, and the same Rihanna who released an album almost every year for the past decade with the exception of two years -- including last year?

Psht. Clearly it's U2's triple album.

YES!!!! :rockon:

I don't really care for beer or wine... I just take to my true Irish/Scottish roots and drink whisky!

Saying that, I have been known to enjoy a pint of Strongbow... (I know that's not REAL beer)

Strongbow is indeed not real beer, it's not fake beer, it's simply no beer at all. :lol: It's cider, has nothing to do with beer.

So this is my interpretation of an idea tossed around to U2 by someone who was high on crack that they all must have liked:

"Guys, I have the perfect idea to promote the new album in the states"

1) You should do a commercial that includes a song off the album during the most watched TV over hyped event that is the Super Bowl! Estimated audience is about 100 million.

2) You should appear on the first Tonight Show for Jimmy Fallon, which will no doubt be one of the biggest late night audiences of the year, at least 10 million viewers

3) since you are nominated for an Oscar, they will then perform on the telecast, which will be the highest rated of all awards shows with about 30 million viewers

4) then you just show up at soccer events and do random interviews about the album being done when it's done and chasing magic and shit but here is the BIG payoff....you don't release anything.

"So, what do you guys think?"

Back
Top Bottom