Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here going to grab a copy of the Hollywood Reporter? I'm guessing it will go on sale to the public in 5 hours or so. Be interesting to see what (if any) info there is on the album. We are about due to learn another new song title.

Sadly payday isn't until Friday; earliest I could get to the bookstore is most likely not until Sat night. I'm sure someone here will have a copy before me.

That said, I'm gonna buy one for myself anyways if I can get my hands on one! That cover photo is gorgeous. GORGEOUS. :drool:

How much does it cost? I'm inclined to grab one, if the shipping costs aren't (very) abusive

No idea. I actually don't even know if my bookstore is going to have it. I'm going on a whim since it's been awhile since I've actually gone in search of a single issue. :reject: (Last time I did that, it was for Askars and we still had Borders around.)

But I did find this!
Weekly Issue: February 21, 2014 - The Hollywood Reporter

Larry has definitaly made a pact with the devil. HE DOESN'T AGE...He is the modern FAUST :ohmy:

9735_06_1030.jpg

9735_06_1030.jpeg

U2 is pursuing business alliances as well as brainstorming music packaging and distribution innovation like its life depends on it.

the first hint of where the forthcoming album is heading

Forthcoming. :hmm:

Clearly, any close observation of U2, whose members incessantly zag around the planet like quarks, is a complex physics problem. Nabbing Bono at his local watering hole had been a near-run thing, and by the time I track down the whole band, it's several days later and I'm crashing a photo shoot in West London at a converted studio in an old Sunbeam auto factory.

Photo shoot? :hmm:

The question of how badly the "Ordinary Love" detour slowed forward momentum on the still-unnamed and now long-overdue next album is not easy to answer from outside U2's opaque inner circle

STILL more secrets! :doh:

You would think SOMEONE in that inner circle would've talked by now. :shifty:
Kudos to Mr. Oseary once again for continuing to drag out the suspense...

Great article. They really are keeping things secret. The only thing that really struck me was that 'rumored' net worth of $852 million. :ohmy:

All thanks to Paul McGuinness! :lol:

Adds Bono: "The album won't be ready till it's ready. But right now, people are walking a little differently -- well, they're not walking, they're running as if to a finish line. There's a couple of songs that are part of the story we haven't quite finished. We know we have to spend a couple of years taking these songs around the world, so they'd better be good."

Right up there with "it's not finished til its in stores". :doh:

Never does the article actually SAY they're still in the studio. Very sneaky and misleading, just like everything else lately. :hmm:

Still think fall 2014. If they have a few songs to finish and it took them months to finish Ordinary Love....

We'll see....maybe

Larry has definitaly made a pact with the devil. HE DOESN'T AGE...He is the modern FAUST :ohmy:

It's true that he looks great, and that they all do. It's also true that every single image gets retouched before publication, though, so fan photos and live video are the best representatives of how they really look these days. But they do look awesome there. Larry is really going for that clean German look, and he even seems to be referencing his own Berlin-era black feather boa with the ruffles or whatever those things are.

Still think fall 2014. If they have a few songs to finish and it took them months to finish Ordinary Love....

We'll see....maybe

OL was a completely different sound/direction than what they were working on. So there's no surprise that it took a month or so to get it to sound/feel right, especially if the album sounds more like Invisible.

It'd be like writing a novel on SUBJECT A for months on end, and then being told you have to write about SUBJECT B. It's a totally different direction and you'd have to get in a completely separate mindframe.

Larry is really going for that clean German look, and he even seems to be referencing his own Berlin-era black feather boa with the ruffles or whatever those things are.

:whistle:

Adam was the one in the boa during AB. And that lovely black dress. :giggle: Not that I have that saved or anything... :shh:

Still think fall 2014.

I'm with you.

BTW, what, if anything, did that (Rolling Stone?) or whatever magazine that had them on the cover say? One of the captions on the cover mentioned the album....

I'm with you.

BTW, what, if anything, did that (Rolling Stone?) or whatever magazine that had them on the cover say? One of the captions on the cover mentioned the album....

Yeah, that's the Hollywood Reporter we're discussing. It said "that unfinished album" on the cover, and then the article was the same old "it's not done until it's done" story. Lots of Bono blathering on about details and how they're not finished until it's on shelves. So basically...nothing we havent heard already.

We'll see....maybe

I think I'm joining this camp as well. Summer just seems like an odd time to release an album.

But really who knows? This whole marketing scheme still boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom