Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha. That was pretty funny. You're a funny guy.

What do you mean I'm a funny guy? I talk funny? You think the way I talk is amusing? I'm here to amuse you? I'm like a clown? What the fuck is so funny about the way I talk? No No Reg - he's a big boy he knows what he said? What the fuck is so funny?

Guys, sorry, major Mea Culpa on my part. I heard for years that it was an (uncredited) vocal performance by Bono on Hawkwind Kills along with Lanois. There's even several internet sites that say this. But I just listened again, and thought...hmmm...is that really Bono? Sounds a bit like him, but...

Turns out, it's not. I did some looking, and even found a quote from Lanois on the confusion:

"If you had Bono yelling in your headphones for a few years, you'd sound like him too"

So there it is....apparently, it's not Bono, so I was wrong. Bookmark this page. :)

LOL...we're all 'buzzed' in here.

My guess is the album is done, they're planning to drop it unexpectedly, and they're going public w/statements that they're not finished to throw people off the scent. Meanwhile DM is out w/Broken Bells and the band is everywhere and nowhere at all, and the, supposed, charity single is really the open salvo for the new album.

My question, for those who question my thinking, is if this is 'just a preview' of the album and there's another song to drop as the first single, then why make a video...I mean I see the Super Bowl commercial angle, but why 'promote' a song with a video if it isn't the first single...from the 'soon' to be released album...:scratch:

So I'm saying (w/o any knowledge) new album soon

And then they keep promoting the video on FB with the same status. Every day. Why not just drop a video and let YT do its thing? With maybe a link at the bottom of the video to buy the song off iTunes/Amazon/whatever and support (RED).

Other than the same ol' FB update getting posted again (day #3 in a row for those counting!), any other news?

I know this was brought up in another thread, might as well repost it here.
For director Mark Romanek, a new chapter, of a sort - latimes.com

Spring album? :hmm:
As-yet-unspecified date? This article got published the same day the FB feed started pumping the 11th. In fact, it got published a few hours after the FB annoucement. More confusion and smoke screens? Or just a snag in reporting? :hmm::hmm:

Will Bono come in like a wrecking ball? :hmm:

Where's ClaytonsKitten Bono wheel-mic wrecking ball pic? :hmm:

Sorry, was eating an early dinner. :doh: (Lil CK has Scouts on Mon nights)

h5D0A2A14

And then they keep promoting the video on FB with the same status. Every day. Why not just drop a video and let YT do its thing? With maybe a link at the bottom of the video to buy the song off iTunes/Amazon/whatever and support (RED).

Other than the same ol' FB update getting posted again (day #3 in a row for those counting!), any other news?

I know this was brought up in another thread, might as well repost it here.
For director Mark Romanek, a new chapter, of a sort - latimes.com

Spring album? :hmm:
As-yet-unspecified date? This article got published the same day the FB feed started pumping the 11th. In fact, it got published a few hours after the FB annoucement. More confusion and smoke screens? Or just a snag in reporting? :hmm::hmm:

In my opinion...smoke screens...new strategy for a new U2 phase...:yes:

Well, Invisible itself has its own thread.

I just started the new one, but I declined to put something punny in the title.

COME AT ME, BRO!

Nice to see confirmation of anything resembling anything, although it would be better to get confirmation for something that wasn't pretty much a given.

Now that I look at that sentence, my brain hurts. What I mean is, "DUH. Of course they're playing the Oscars. Tell us something we don't know, Bono." :wink:

No, the whole interview will be an in depth analysis of the new album.

Surely? :D

Followed by an announcement that the coming tour will be called the "Slug Tour" and will feature OS1 in its entirety every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom