ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they said we'd be sick of U2 by the end of 2014. But maybe they didn't mean in this way.

It's a bloody farce. And taking so long about it, well, I can't see it being a good omen for the album once they bother getting round to releasing it.

marbles4.jpg

I do wonder how good Billboard's interscope sources are. I'd guess that the whole thing is pretty fluid.

Wow... they had six or seven songs finished and ready to go and they can't finish it until next year?! Incredible. I wouldn't have been surprised by a delay until late summer or fall, but 2015? That's very surprising.

Wow... they had six or seven songs finished and ready to go and they can't finish it until next year?! Incredible. I wouldn't have been surprised by a delay until late summer or fall, but 2015? That's very surprising.

It sort of jives with something I heard this week (then again, so does touring in Chile next Jan-Feb), but I just don't know how much credibility the article has. I'm not saying Billboard is wrong, but it's just anonymous Interscope sources. It just seems bizarre that they seem to think that the release date is definitively in 2015, and not at any point in Q4 2014.

Yup. Not even a functioning band anymore. We can only hope these sources are way off the mark. If not this is almost a reunion.

It sort of jives with something I heard this week (then again, so does touring in Chile next Jan-Feb), but I just don't know how much credibility the article has. I'm not saying Billboard is wrong, but it's just anonymous Interscope sources. It just seems bizarre that they seem to think that the release date is definitively in 2015, and not at any point in Q4 2014.

That's kind of what I was thinking. If they only have a few more songs to complete an album, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't try to get it out in December when sales are higher. Unless of course they've decided to start from scratch...

That's kind of what I was thinking. If they only have a few more songs to complete an album, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't try to get it out in December when sales are higher. Unless of course they've decided to start from scratch...

Nothing to suggest they're starting from scratch, and, if they are, it's going to be a lot longer than 2015.

:lol:

What a joke.

PS. I feel like half that article was written by someone on Interference.

This goes beyond limits. I say split the band and release. Absolute ridiculous. It looks like they fear Coldplay and the whole world. Ordinary love and Invisible are great tunes who brought them back to relevance. I start to believe they want to be irrelevant...:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::down::hmm:

Irish Democracy it is!

This is a little ridiculous, but it doesn't actually surprise me.

Maybe Dallas was right about April... April 2015.

At least they called in Epworth and Tedder instead of Lillywhite. But yeah, this is terrible. Choose to doubt the Billboard article if you want to, but this seems pretty definitive. Wow, all that press from OL and the Super Bowl wasted.

I wouldn't panic. All signs have been pointing towards a 2014 release. I don't see why U2 should wait until 2015 to release an album, that's absurd. They had already enough time to get new producers on board and Bono said months ago that they're in the finishing stages and have brought new people in already. I don't see any "official" announcement here. Billboard has been wrong before and the whole story about them delaying the album for almost a year seems very strange to me. After all the buzz they've had now, I don't think they'd wait for that long.

But as Billboard also writes, there has been no release date confirmed so far, so technically there is no "delay" as well. But as I said, all signs have been pointing towards a 2014 release and I still believe it will be that way. 2015 seems too ridiculous to be true. If anything, they might have the tour next year.

At least they called in Epworth and Tedder instead of Lillywhite. But yeah, this is terrible. Choose to doubt the Billboard article if you want to, but this seems pretty definitive. Wow, all that press from OL and the Super Bowl wasted.

I mean, I'm not saying it's inaccurate. It could very well be on the mark. But I can also come up with sources and publish it on my company's website too. It just doesn't add up with everything we've learned in recent weeks, so there's reason to be skeptical.

I wouldn't panic. All signs have been pointing towards a 2014 release. I don't see why U2 should wait until 2015 to release an album, that's absurd.

But as I said, all signs have been pointing towards a 2014 release and I still believe it will be that way. 2015 seems too ridiculous to be true. If anything, they might have the tour next year.

Then again, all signs were pointing to a 2009 release of Songs of Ascent, with the first single being "Every Breaking Wave."

The Billboard article is legit. I agree with you that the plan up until a few days (weeks?) ago was for a 2014 release, but that plan has obviously been scrapped.

Also, if the album is truly delayed until 2015, would Invisbile be on it? They've said definitively that it will be, but it seems very odd to put out a song and then release the album it's on more than a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom