Album 13: Arguing/Punning/Meme-ing/Discussion thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
New thread!

What we think we know:

- A new song, "Invisible," will be released soon. Rumoured to be February 2 (Super Bowl). It will be tied to (RED) in some capacity
- Spin magazine reports the Super Bowl announcement will include info on the album title, and the single
- U2.com mods tweeted that now would be a good time to renew subscriptions to the site; and suggested that it's time to start saving for tix
- U2 will be the first musical guests on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, Feb 17
- Paul McGuineess says the album has plenty of hits

Now, like foxes in a chicken pen, go! my friends, go! kill kill!

another random thought.. U2 debuted Boots on the Grammys, without actually being nominated for anything, right?

think we'll see em again there this year?

I hope not. I don't think that people appreciated that performance very much.

another random thought.. U2 debuted Boots on the Grammys, without actually being nominated for anything, right?

think we'll see em again there this year?

Yes, they did. But Boots had been getting airplay via radio for a few weeks at that point.

Still, I'd love to see them do "Invisible" or even "Ordinary Love" on the Grammys. Jan 26th, so it's before the SB. If we get anything, it'll be OL, I think. :hmm:

I hope not. I don't think that people appreciated that performance very much.

there was some grumbling about this wasn't there? and I remember the broadcast audio was crap.. couldn't hear Bono half the time..

man, NLOTH seemed doomed from the get-go, in retrospect.

I did 3 shows on 360 all without presale or membership. Bought my Tampa tickets only a few weeks prior to the show, even. (Yeah it was upper deck but I was thankful to afford it. I'd been dreading not being to go.)

We bought E Lansing right at a Ticketmaster outlet, and then Mr CK bought Pittsburgh day of sale right at the counter. All upper deck shows, but for us, just being there was all that mattered. We were more concerned with 'camping out' prior to band arrival than anything.

And if you're doing GA, membership doesn't mean a thing if you want rail spots. Ditto for inner circle. It's luck and circumstance (and at least an overnight wait). You can StubHub a set of GA tickets and land rail spots inside the ellipse.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I've NEVER done U2 membership. I did a BSB membership once when they did floor seating for a tour back in 2005, and that only netted me 5th row, not front. *shrug*

Just my :twocents: Take it for what it's worth.

Okay now I'm confused. :confused:

I've waited practically all my life to watch U2 in concert. People think I moved to the US to get my PhD but it was actually to see U2 live. I don't want those shitty seats where you can barely see the band and the sound is awful. I want to be in the middle of the fucking heart/ring/whatever where I can shout obscenities at Bono for not playing A Sort of Homecoming. I don't know how much the good seats cost but I'm willing to drop up to $500.

I've never seen a big act live so I am clueless about how this works. So help me out please Interference, and you shall have my eternal gratitude. :wave:

weird.. I was just watching this Grammy performance on the weekend.. and now I cant find a working copy of youtube.. all loading up as "unavailable"

Okay now I'm confused. :confused:

I've waited practically all my life to watch U2 in concert. People think I moved to the US to get my PhD but it was actually to see U2 live. I don't want those shitty seats where you can barely see the band and the sound is awful. I want to be in the middle of the fucking heart/ring/whatever where I can shout obscenities at Bono for not playing A Sort of Homecoming. I don't know how much the good seats cost but I'm willing to drop up to $500.

I've never seen a big act live so I am clueless about how this works. So help me out please Interference, and you shall have my eternal gratitude. :wave:

It's very unlikely that you'll need to drop $500. The best seats on the last tour were $250. With a presale, you'll probably be able to get those seats pretty easily. General admission is more difficult, although you'll still probably be okay. GA tickets are in the $50 range. If you have a $500 budget, you'll have no issue getting GA tickets on the secondary market.

weird.. I was just watching this Grammy performance on the weekend.. and now I cant find a working copy of youtube.. all loading up as "unavailable"

My memories are of a fairly awkward performance where the band was trying hard to sell a song that wasn't going over too well. Bono was bouncing around as always but aside from Paris Hilton, the crowd was mostly seated and stone-faced.

Now, my memory could be a bit foggy, but I recall it being the least engaged I've seen an audience with the band.

My memories are of a fairly awkward performance where the band was trying hard to sell a song that wasn't going over too well. Bono was bouncing around as always but aside from Paris Hilton, the crowd was mostly seated and stone-faced.

Now, my memory could be a bit foggy, but I recall it being the least engaged I've seen an audience with the band.

Basically. I seem to remember some audience action, but it certainly did nothing for the song in terms of overall popularity.

They aren't nominated for a Grammy, so unless they're taking part in the Beatles tribute, there's really no reason for them to be there.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I think that was a partial reason for backlash in 2009.. they weren't nominated, but they opened the show.

I think that was a partial reason for backlash in 2009.. they weren't nominated, but they opened the show.

Yes.

There wasn't any particular reason for them being there, like a reunion, tribute or duet with an act who actually was nominated... they were there solely to promote their (bad) new single.

They shouldn't repeat that. They have plenty of other marketing opportunities to use.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Crap, I missed out - who won the Superb Owl yesterday - Pats or Broncos and is there a link to the U2 commercial yet, I miss everything. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom