Album 13: Are We Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the new song titles especially "Song for Someone" and "This is where you can reach me". Nice :up:

Also, "The Light" was mentioned in an article earlier. Now we already have about half of the song titles for the new album, but still no album title.

I don't like, however, how Bono is calling NLOTH "esoteric". What a shitty word. Why is it so hard to see it as a great album, no matter how "commercially successful" it was. I also still think most of the songs were great live. With an approach like that I don't think we can ever expect Songs of Ascent to be released as an actual U2 album because it would have hit the same vein as NLOTH.

I thought that most of the article was pretty promising aside from the 'esoteric' bit.

I don't like, however, how Bono is calling NLOTH "esoteric". What a shitty word. Why is it so hard to see it as a great album, no matter how "commercially successful" it was. I also still think most of the songs were great live. With an approach like that I don't think we can ever expect Songs of Ascent to be released as an actual U2 album because it would have hit the same vein as NLOTH.

+1

If NLOTH is "esoteric", then so is half their catalogue (and the better half at that).

Really, it's just so much incomprehensible gibberish from Bono. If 50+ year old guy wants to embarrass himself by talking about making a punk record, fine. But you don't need to slam your other work while doing it (particularly NLOTH, which is one of their best songs).

If I were Brian and Danny, the only producers ever capable of coaxing true greatness from these guys, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

Fuck you Bono.

Sent via owl

...maybe I overlooked something in that article, but Bono didn't really come across as particularly negative of NLOTH. I mean, right before he labels it "esoteric" (which isn't a pejorative term, IMO), he says he enjoyed the record :shrug:

...maybe I overlooked something in that article, but Bono didn't really come across as particularly negative of NLOTH. I mean, right before he labels it "esoteric" (which isn't a pejorative term, IMO), he says he enjoyed the record :shrug:

It means he bashed the ambient material and just wants to make popular music. Therefore, he's a bad person. :lol:

It's not really a bad or inaccurate description though.

That LA Times article is actually more concerning than anything else. What I read is forget adventurous songs (I happen to love No Line title track) and let's go for the hooks....it's great to draw inspiration from the Clash and Kraftwerk but does anyone believe that spirit will survive through countless producers and months of tinkering?

Par for the course, really (see R&H, Pop). Next he'll be saying that MOS was self-indulgent with no decent hook, and would've worked as a "punk rock" number :cute:

It was Bono trying to align himself with the public perception of that record...he always does this when something they've done is received with anything less than universal accalim. When he even hints that a record might have been a little prog rock (he did the same with Pop), coming from Bono, that's a slam.

And in this case, it's a real shame, because I suspect it means we probably won't be hearing NLOTH on the tour.

where does the song title Song for Someone come from? I dont see it in the LA Times article..

and what is it about the LA Times? They're getting all the scoops..

$10 says the "real" first single is one of the recently mentioned titles

I wonder if A Song For Someone will be the Edge vocal that was working-titled Morleigh's Song?

Really, it's just so much incomprehensible gibberish from Bono. If 50+ year old guy wants to embarrass himself by talking about making a punk record, fine. But you don't need to slam your other work while doing it (particularly NLOTH, which is one of their best songs).

If I were Brian and Danny, the only producers ever capable of coaxing true greatness from these guys, I'd be more than a little annoyed.

Fuck you Bono.

It seems like Bono does this in the runup to every record, doesn't it? "Well, that one was okay but we've really left that phase behind because just wait'll you get a listen to this!!" I've worked with other musicians who always felt the same about new work over old.

I like the new song titles especially "Song for Someone" and "This is where you can reach me". Nice :up:

Also, "The Light" was mentioned in an article earlier. Now we already have about half of the song titles for the new album, but still no album title.

+1

If NLOTH is "esoteric", then so is half their catalogue (and the better half at that).

Fuck you Bono.

Sent via owl

i guess B-man is fairly well placed to describe the songs... i mean, he did write them ;)

It means he bashed the ambient material and just wants to make popular music. Therefore, he's a bad person. :lol:

It's not really a bad or inaccurate description though.

:up:

Psst when will they stop being so quiet and tell us something?

Assholes. Liars.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

:lol:

:up:

this place is nuts sometimes... here we are, finally, with a few titles, and people are crying into their cornflakes :D

where does the song title Song for Someone come from? I dont see it in the LA Times article..

and what is it about the LA Times? They're getting all the scoops..

$10 says the "real" first single is one of the recently mentioned titles

i think Bono mentioned it in the NRJ interview a couple of pages back

i guess B-man is fairly well placed to describe the songs... i mean, he did write them ;)

Indeed.

How have you been enjoying your punk rock from Mars? ;)

this place is nuts sometimes... here we are, finally, with a few titles, and people are crying into their cornflakes :D

I think for some here, Bono could piss in their cornflakes and they'd call it milk.

Back
Top Bottom