Album 13: Are We Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like we're getting 2 albums this year...The one produced by DM is definitely finished i'm pretty sure...

The record they are still in the studio for must be the second one. Since they will be touring very soon and on the road for at least a year and a half, they probably want to have the second record in the can before then...

:hyper:

How's it sounding?
It sounds awesome. It sounds really cool. It was kind of cool to hear that they record in a very similar way to the way that I work, where you improvise and try your best to come up with melodies and stuff but you don't have any lyrics.
I can't wait to hear what he does with them.
Me too. I'm so hoping it's going to do well for both parties. I think it would be great to be a hit.
Is he going to do the whole record with them?
Apparently they've done just tons of material. Apparently that whole first record is just Brian's work.

Read more: Broken Bells' James Mercer on Turning Dark Songs Into a Party Record | Music News | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Officially 2 records coming. :hyper:

Or they've got two records and they're trying to get the best songs from both on to one.

There is no official two records, other than a random quote above and Bono making a comment to a reporter.

If you need more grounding, Songs of Ascent

Or they've got two records and they're trying to get the best songs from both on to one.

There is no official two records, other than a random quote above and Bono making a comment to a reporter.

My thoughts as well.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

How's it sounding?
It sounds awesome. It sounds really cool. It was kind of cool to hear that they record in a very similar way to the way that I work, where you improvise and try your best to come up with melodies and stuff but you don't have any lyrics.
I can't wait to hear what he does with them.
Me too. I'm so hoping it's going to do well for both parties. I think it would be great to be a hit.
Is he going to do the whole record with them?
Apparently they've done just tons of material. Apparently that whole first record is just Brian's work.

Read more: Broken Bells' James Mercer on Turning Dark Songs Into a Party Record | Music News | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Officially 2 records coming. :hyper:

Good find Reg - thanks for posting! :up:

Songs of Ascent actually lends more credence to the idea of two albums... the band has clearly intended to release a quick follow-up album for years now, and failed to find the motivation post tour to get it done in a timely fashion.

Perhaps this time they decided they were going to do the second album ahead of time to avoid that issue and be able to stay on the road for a longer time without worrying about the tour becoming a greatest hits tour like the end of 360 did.

I still won't believe anything with this band until it's done and released... but the songs if ascent debacle, to me, makes it slightly more likely, not less likely.

Yeah...that's true

But what raises my suspicion is Mercer clearly stating "That whole FIRST record is Brian's work"...

For sure, anything is possible. We can speculate all we want until we get the real announcement.

Could also be that they're planning a double-album with each LP produced by a different producer(s)... :hmm:

Or a two part album concept like Green Day did with "Uno, Dos, Tres"

Last edited:
Songs of Ascent actually lends more credence to the idea of two albums... the band has clearly intended to release a quick follow-up album for years now, and failed to find the motivation post tour to get it done in a timely fashion.

Perhaps this time they decided they were going to do the second album ahead of time to avoid that issue and be able to stay on the road for a longer time without worrying about the tour becoming a greatest hits tour like the end of 360 did.

I still won't believe anything with this band until it's done and released... but the songs if ascent debacle, to me, makes it slightly more likely, not less likely.

I agree with that...and something tells me that they will release SONGS OF ASCENT one of these days...after they retire, without touring to promote it.

If Adam only knew... :heart: :wink:

:flirt:

Adam likes to watch, remember?
watch-1.jpg

I agree with that...and something tells me that they will release SONGS OF ASCENT one of these days...after they retire, without touring to promote it.

Songs of Ascent is not finished. If it were finished, it would have been released.

Believing that Songs of Ascent is a real album that was done and finished actually negates the idea that there might be a second album this time around.

Back
Top Bottom