Album 13: Are We Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Embrace Chaos As A Creative Process In Making Their New Album - Forbes

Most bands have one or two primary songwriters who bring semi-completed songs to the rest of the band, who polish them and stamp the band’s sound onto them. U2 is one of the rare bands that initiates the songwriting process with skeletal ideas that they jam, or improvise on, until a song emerges. Or doesn’t. It’s an ambiguous, long, and frustrating process with many false starts and dead ends. It takes patience, commitment and faith.

It’s an ambiguous, long, and frustrating process

340x-8.gif

YOU DON'T SAY.

The children are on school holiday. Bono and Edge can go on holiday whenever they want without asking the kind fans. Seriously, I don't think the album will be delayed again because they take a couple of days off with their families. The last weeks have been quite tense for them.

What the fuck are you guys even talking about now?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

The album is completed...:ohmy:

I mean what a case of misdirection and smoke and mirrors coming out of their mouths lately....:doh:

Edge, in Rolling Stone, says "we have 6 or 7 songs ready"...and then this little (untrue) tidbit is laid upon us: "The Edge gets up to leave. The band is flying back to Dublin right away – they have an album to finish."

How's the weather in Dubl...Oh wait you're still in the States...:hmm:...but wait you have an album to finish in Ireland...right...:scratch:

:lol: Exactly.

Besides, even with Bono accepting the award, all you need is Edge for final mixing. Let 'em holiday in Switzerland. They'll need the vacation before the big world tour this year. :wink:

And in other U2 news.....I finally did what I've been threatening to do for a few years now. And got a U2 tattoo. (My 2nd tat; the 1st one was done years ago and is not band-related.)

I got the notes from Ad's bassline to MW done around my ankle, and it's not even 6 hours old yet!

Pics under here for anyone who wants to see. They're not the best quality since I snapped 'em right after finishing and needed to have the bandage put on. I'll try and get some better ones in a week or so once it's fully healed. :D
84996_original.jpg

85312_original.jpg

Love this from the U2 Embrace Chaos article.
Writing by jamming isn’t just good for the quality of the outcome. It’s also good for the team. Jamming prevents teams from sliding into autopilot. It keeps them engaged and communicating with each other. When musicians jam, they engage in active listening, not just to what the other person is playing but also how they are moving and what their body language means about their emotional state and what they are trying to express. It requires team members to maintain empathic competence, which is “a mutual orientation to one another’s unfolding,” according to Frank J. Barrett, author of Yes to the Mess: Surprising Leadership Lessons from Jazz.

Very accurate to the way U2 works, and exactly what I love about them.

whose idea was it to give Adam an acoustic bass?

Someone who wanted to emphasize his masculinity? :wink:

They've done all this before, right? But a very long time ago. Last time I remember seeing that setup was JT, maybe Happy Christmas (War is Over) or something like that. They may have been dressed as the Daltons at the time.

Someone who wanted to emphasize his masculinity? :wink:

They've done all this before, right? But a very long time ago. Last time I remember seeing that setup was JT, maybe Happy Christmas (War is Over) or something like that. They may have been dressed as the Daltons at the time.

I remember seeing the acoustic bass on some pre-ATYCLB Propaganda studio shots.

Sooo.... anyone know French?

The interview wasn't really an interview. They just took some sentences from Bono that he said in various interviews in recent weeks, mostly about Ordinary Love, the Oscars and Invisible and translated them into French. No album or tour news at all. The same "interview" will be broadcast on German NRJ radio on Monday morning, probably with German overdubs. The radio station makes it sound as if it was some exclusive thing U2 did for them, but it isn't.

The interview wasn't really an interview. They just took some sentences from Bono that he said in various interviews in recent weeks, mostly about Ordinary Love, the Oscars and Invisible and translated them into French. No album or tour news at all.

I'm sick of all the French bashing that goes on around here.

Are you going to say that French fries and French toast aren't "real" either?

I'm sick of all the French bashing that goes on around here.

Are you going to say that French fries and French toast aren't "real" either?

It's freedom fries. :angry:

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

Back
Top Bottom