Alan Cross getting first listen to "Get Your Boots On"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solaris

The Fly
Alan Cross, host of 102.1 The Edge's (Toronto) most famous program, "The Ongoing History of New Music", and one of the greatest encyclopedias that has documented the U2 phenomenon, announced on twitter several hours ago that he is having his first listen to the new single "Get Your Boots On". Keep an eye on his twitter account, for feedback due soon.

Twitter / alancross

Update:

Expect to hear "Get On Your Boots" on the radio within ten days. Maybe sooner. Check www.u2.com for the latest.

There are a lot of electronic sounds. Larry plays some kind of electronic drums, too. Bono rhymes "submarine" with "gasoline."

The original title was "Sexy Boots." Then it was "Get Your Boots On." Now it's "Get On Your Boots." Sheesh.

It was supposed to be a secret until Monday, but the new U2 single will be called "Get On Your Boots" (note the subtle title change.)

Last edited:
Alan Cross, host of 102.1 The Edge's (Toronto) most famous program, "The Ongoing History of New Music", and one of the greatest encyclopedias that has documented the U2 phenomenon, announced on twitter several hours ago that he is having his first listen to the new single "Get Your Boots On". Keep an eye on his twitter account, for feedback due soon.

Twitter / alancross
At least we might get now a bit more detailed desciption?:drool:

Would be quite funny see the reaction if he simply posted 'Sorry guys, its shit'.

A week, guys. Just hold on another week and I'm certain we won't need to [SPECULATE] any further.

OMG :drool:

This thread is gonna get BIG :hyper::hyper:

A week, guys. Just hold on another week and I'm certain we won't need to [SPECULATE] any further.

Might be quite a bit less time than that, depending on the conditions surrounding this type of listening party.

We might get a bootleg first!

Who wants to make odds on the likelihood of comparisons to Vertigo?

I'll always call it SEXY boots :drool:

Damn, I'm freaking out

It says posted 1 hour ago, but the original post says "several hours".

Eh. It will be soon.

His "tweet" :)shudder: ) says:

"I'm going to get to hear the new U2 song "Get Your Boots On" in about an hour. Will report back."

I'm going to get to hear the new U2 song "Get Your Boots On" in about an hour. Will report back.
about 1 hour ago from web

Holy crap. So, any minute now we'll be hearing something?

:drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom