Advice needed on making a U2 mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am making a U2 mix CD of relaxing songs. The criteria I am using is that the songs can't be sad or too energetic, but just relaxing or soothing. The ones I have so far are:

Neon Lights
Bass Trap
Grace
North and South of the River
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
4th of July
Beautiful Ghost
One Step Closer
The First Time
Your Blue Room
The Ocean
Running to Stand Still

I left out "If God Will Send His Angels," "Promenade," "Bad," and "All I Want is You" at the last minute because I decided they were too fast paced. I'm trying to decide if "Beautiful Ghost" is too creepy, but "4th of July" seems to go well with it.

Are there any songs that I have left out that would go well on a mix like this? Does anyone have a suggestion on the order of the songs? I always want to change the order of the songs after I burn a CD, so I want to try to get it right.

Thanks!

I'd add
Luminous Times
Love Is Blindness
Walk to the Water

and also If God Will Send His Angels (but I look for any excuse to listen to it)

It's not quite U2 per se, but I'd include The Edge's Rowena's Theme from the Captive soundtrack.

I also second the Mothers Of The Disappeared mention, and I don't see how Promenade is too fast.

Put Slug before 'your blue room'

waht about miss sarajevo?

even 'trying to throw your arms around the world'

Miricale_Drug said:
Put Slug before 'your blue room'

waht about miss sarajevo?

Speaking of stuff from Passengers, Beach Sequence would be perfect.

MLK
So Cruel
Your Blue Room
Lemon
Playboy Mansion
Stay
Love Comes Tumbling
Slow Dancing

Yes, Rowena's Theme from Captive is a great one too!

The First Time
A Sort Of Homecoming
MLK (Unforgettable Fire as a whole can put the Svengali on you)

If you're looking to NOT be creeped out, put Beautiful Ghost before Love is Blindness. Running To Stand Still can get your heart pacing from the drama and If You Wear That Velvet Dress will probably make you horny.

Yeah, I forgot "Miss Sarajevo." I left off "Mothers of the Disappeared" - and some others mentioned - because they're too sad. "If God Will Send His Angels" has a pretty fast beat, especially when compared to other slow songs, like "If You Wear That Velvet Dress," for example.

I've never heard "Rowena's Theme." Would anyone happen to have a link to a download?

Thanks for the input so far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom