Adios U2! This is my farewell.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:

Actually, Larry was in the fetal position crying under the mixing desk. It took a trail of hair gel and tight black t-shirts to get him out.

Larry asked me not to reveal that! :madwife: But I will reveal that Daniel Lanois ran from the Studio (white as a sheet) screaming up the road "I can't go on" :ohmy:

Hmmmmm....i found how to strike a balance between my kids and U2. As soon as the kids accepted their place behind U2 in the pecking order....life was a breeze:lol:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
:scratch:

I had my last kid 11 years ago...next year my oldest will attend her first U2 concert with me...I obviously haven't grown up...:no:
I hope you never do :love:

Hey Zootlesque, what are the album covers you have in your avatar there? I see AB, Scarlet's Walk, Infinite Sadness, OKC, Revolver, GNR, maybe Weezer? What are the others?

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I had my last kid 11 years ago...next year my oldest will attend her first U2 concert with me...I obviously haven't grown up...:no:

Hell, my kids are 8, 6 & 5 and I'm still as into U2 as ever!! Brainwashing the kids nicely too!! :evil:

A house without music is not a home to me

Reggie Thee Dog said:

At least you have a chance to turn things around Reg. I've already taken my kids to U2 shows. I'm screwed.

I think I better turn in my Motherhood License right now :(

tomtom said:
Hey Zootlesque, what are the album covers you have in your avatar there? I see AB, Scarlet's Walk, Infinite Sadness, OKC, Revolver, GNR, maybe Weezer? What are the others?

That's not weezer, that's blur. :wink: And the other 2 are Floyd's Division Bell and Zep's IV. Dude, how could you not identify that one? :tsk: :wink:

well judging by this thread, he still has time to drink....and if he has time to drink, well, then he still has time for U2! :yes:

So you don't have time to listen to U2? Dude how busy are you O_O I'd never give up music....

Can't even spare 5 minutes for an occasional tune???? I have 2 kids, a FT job, a wife, I'm a member of a church, brother, son, member of the ONE Campaign and I've started my Masters Degree and I still find atleast a 1/2 -1 hour each week to listen to U2!!!

Don't give up!!

When I was born my dad didn't stop listening to the Beatles.

I am glad he didn't. I have fond memories of being a kid and listening to the Beatles with him.

Thanks for robbing your kids of great moments.

Utoo said:
Screw that. :huh:

I had a baby just so that I could make these shirts:

Untitled-1.jpg

Aww,too cute :cute:

btw Love your avi Zootle :heart:

It's the Cliche of the Week: Announcing you're "leaving" either U2 or Interference or both.

Good grief.

Why not just quietly leave? And, geez, blamin' it on the kiddies/family is mucho bad.

Bono's American Wife said:

At least you have a chance to turn things around Reg. I've already taken my kids to U2 shows. I'm screwed.

I think I better turn in my Motherhood License right now :(

I took mine out of school for two weeks to travel with me last tour. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

I took mine out of school for two weeks to travel with me last tour. :shifty:

huzzah!

After watching a few concert videos where Bono brought a kid up on stage, my 4 year old son asked when it was going to be his turn to get on stage with Bono.

Soon enough my boy, soon enough.

zuropa_fit said:

huzzah!

After watching a few concert videos where Bono brought a kid up on stage, my 4 year old son asked when it was going to be his turn to get on stage with Bono.

Soon enough my boy, soon enough.

:cute:

In all fairness, the reason I did it without reservation is that she was a consistent A student all through high school who got very little out of school 90% of the time, anyway.

I had to fill out a form regarding my reasons for removing her from school for that length of time for a non-medical reason. I put that I was traveling on business (um, it was U2 business) and felt that she would benefit from the "cultural experience." :wink:

Back
Top Bottom