Addicted to one song !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissMaCo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It often happens that you keep listening to the same song for days... Now, I'm completly obsessed by Running to Stand Still, I don't know why... Maybe because it's raining hard here ! :huh:
I think I sometimes re-discover some songs and that's really the case with this one. I think this is one of their most beautiful song, and I especially like the live version.
What about you ? What is your song of the moment ?

The other day I listened to Electrical Storm (WIlliam Orbit mix) like 25 times in a row...the usual U2 songs I get hooked on are Gone (POP version), HMTMKMKM, God Part II, Out Of Control (possibly one of my favorites of all time), and In a Little While.

In non-U2 songs -- I've been hooked on Catherine Wheel's 'Crank' and 'The Nude' and the theme song from the movie Brazil...bizarre choices but they're stukck in the noggin!

I have a few....Love is Blindness (live), I have a few different ones for New Year's Day, live. I also just rediscoved the studio version of The Ground Beneath Her Feet. I'd been listening to only live versions of that for a while.

So do any of the rest of you get hooked on a song and want to play it over and over, especially in the car? I do. My brother and I used to do this all the time, but nobody else I know will put up with it and neither will his wife. I love to be driving alone and just repeat the same song I'm addicted to 4 or 5 times in a row.

we call that an Earworm up here. when something gets caught in your head and you have to obsessively listen to it....
I drive my sweetie berserk doing that.
One song, Over and over and over and over.
I even made a tape once that was nothing but the same song, infinite repeat....

Lately it's been Mark Knopfler's "What It Is" but the one I'm infamous for is WGRYWH. :sigh: :hyper:
(mmmmmm....Temple Bar remix... mmmmmm)

U2Kitten said:
So do any of the rest of you get hooked on a song and want to play it over and over, especially in the car? I do. My brother and I used to do this all the time, but nobody else I know will put up with it and neither will his wife. I love to be driving alone and just repeat the same song I'm addicted to 4 or 5 times in a row.

Yes! I blast LIB or NYD and listen to them over and over again when I'm in the car. :shifty: I've even thought about making a CD with as many different versions of NYD I can find. :D

My latest has been Until The End Of The World and before that it was Angel Of Harlem. It takes me 2 listens back to back of Walk On to get to work. I figured that out about a year ago when I spent 2 weeks listening to it on the way to and from work.

HMTMKMKM has been stuck in my mind a lot lately, but the ones that I listen to obsessively are Stay & In A Little While...Edge's voice just sends chills through me every time. (okay, Bono doesn't sound too bad either...:rolleyes: :lol: )

Non-U2...Bon Jovi's Runaway-live version w/soaring falsetto at the end. :drool:
Apparently I have a thing for tenors/falsettos!:huh:

Last edited:
I've been hung up on Stuck In A Moment for months, off and on, for days at a time. My favorite version right now is the Elevation DVD one. That damn song is the one of the only things that's kept me going sometimes through the past few months. :rolleyes: :reject:

I've gotten stuck on RHMT, RTSS, and One Tree Hill many times.

My current car song obsession is Ultraviolet, which is very interesting since I rarely listen to it at home. :shifty:

Right now, it's Stairway :wink:

But the last U2 song was Van Deimen's Land. I was listening to a live performance, and man, the crowd loves it! As well they should.

You know what's funny? Whenever I'm at school, for example, and I hear a teacher or a friend say a word that's in a U2 song or that is the title of a U2 song, I unconsciously start singing the damn song in my head! For instance, my teacher gave an example of "So Johnny walks home from school one day..." and I started singing Mysterious Ways.

Then, after about 4 minutes (6:30 if I'm singing the live version, with Edge's extra solo at the end :wink: ) I tune back into the class/conversation.

I have this problem with listening to any live version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock obsessively ...

Yeah, I do this sometimes. A long time ago I was obsessed with Ultraviolet. A while back it was Tomorrow, then A Celebration. But I'm a lot more likely to get obssessed with an album or a U2 mix I made and play that over and over. I've been doing that with a couple of b-side/rarity mixes I made recently.

for me it is the song "The Sweetest Thing" 'cause it reminds me of my BF who I love more than anything in the world. I like the lyric "Blue eyed Boy Meets Brown Eyed Girl". That is 'cause he has blue eyes and I am the one with brown eyes...sappy I know :p I hope that he trolls around and reads this one day 'cause if U2 play this song on their upcoming tour, would love to be kissed during this song at the show.

I have the war cd in my car now and currently it seems that there's no other song than like a song

I am the one-song-for-weeks guy. I am the most most extreme guy.

Where Streets have no name - U2 - 3 years ago for 1 month
Acrobat - U2 - 2.5 years ago for 1 month...... thats when i registered here
Dont look back - Oasis - 2 years ago - for 1 month
Creep & Let down - RH - 2 years ago - for 1 month

Comf Num - PF - 1 year back - for 1 month
WGRYWH - U2 -sometime last year for weeks.

Also songs like Bad, How to disappear, coming back to life, stairway to heaven, and such songs...

right now ..many songs..but not of extreme kind

One, WTSHNN, and God part II

that are three, aren't they?
I think it counts anyway

New Year's Day, Gloria, Where the streets, and obviously, hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.

I can listen to them over and over. I'm still not sick of them, I listened to 2 of them this morning, but er, I'm not addicted to them. ;)

I've been obsessed with 11 O'clock Tick Tock since I first saw it on the UABRS video over a year and a half ago. Woo!

I am obsessed with Hawkmoon right now!
I started listening to U2 shortly before Rattle and Hum came out but I never did like that song. :shrug: I heard the live version recently from Lovetown and suddenly, and it clicked. Now I listen to it *a lot*. :|

Does that ever happen to any of you with the songs?

Back
Top Bottom