Adam doesn't sing, so why.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandrake

Acrobat
.......why does Adam have a microphone in front of him all through the 80s and even on ZooTV? I'm sure it's been discussed before. Is it just there in case he suddenly felt like it?

One Tree Hill RH outtakes

u21987-RH-2.jpg

u21987-RH.jpg

ZooTV Stockholm Bullet

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_002.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

J_NP said:
One Tree Hill RH outtakes

u21987-RH-2.jpg

u21987-RH.jpg

ZooTV Stockholm Bullet

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_002.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

omg, WHY didn't I continue watching this this morning...... I watched till Dancing Queen..... :hmm: must go back to watch the rest now

Adam sang on early songs, I cna't remember which they were at the moment..

Listening to some live versions of Fire it sounds like everyone in the band is singing the "Falling, Falling" part.

However I recently watched a video on YouTube where only Bono and Edge sang that - but it didn't sound as full (i.e. as many voices) as some other versions I've heard.

Did he also do the refrain of Sunday Bloody Sunday on the War Tour? I know Bono, Edge, and Larry did (watch 1983-05-30, Devore for good shots of Larry singing it), but I can't recall if Adam joined in as well.

He sang quite a bit on the War Tour. The Out of Control cut from the Red Rocks video definitely has him singing on it.

Cool, one can learn something new everyday. I thought it was just endless deep that Adam sang (and your blue room)

Swan269 said:
Cool, one can learn something new everyday. I thought it was just endless deep that Adam sang (and your blue room)

In the studio, he also sung on Boomerang II.

I've mentioned this before but on the JT Tour he actually introduced a couple of songs - it was in Hartford but just don't ask me what night it was.

:(

Blue Room said:

First arena leg it was usually Adam that did the intro.

Goes to show how much attention I pay to ZooTV bootlegs. :wink:

Particularly the Stellafield bootleg , of the 2nd leg has Adam introducing it

On U2faqs.com it says Adam had a mic in front of him but it was rarely plugged in.

:shrug:

LemonMacPhisto said:
On U2faqs.com it says Adam had a mic in front of him but it was rarely plugged in.

:shrug:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. There are boots where you can definitely hear extra voices in the mix. Plus, some parts such as "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" and "two hearts beat as one" have more voices in the mix than just Bono and Edge could provide, but individual voices are a bit hard to distinguish.

mandrake said:
Larry does vocals sometimes I know, so could also account for extra voices.

Yeah, he was definitely doing Sunday Bloody Sunday during that era, and I think Surrender.

I'd like to know if all four did THBAO. I know Bono, Edge, and Adam all sung during that, but I don't recall if I ever noticed Larry as well.

Axver said:

Yeah, he was definitely doing Sunday Bloody Sunday during that era, and I think Surrender.

I'd like to know if all four did THBAO. I know Bono, Edge, and Adam all sung during that, but I don't recall if I ever noticed Larry as well.

I've seen a video of all 4 singing the "can't stop the dance" parts to "2 hearts beat as 1."

//////

Adam, Bono and Edge also sang/shouted the "shake shake!" part to "A Celebration."

Back
Top Bottom