Adam Clayton/Larry Mullen Vocal Support?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiW87

Acrobat
Wide Awake in the City Of Blinding Lights
Anyone have any information about those songs? I remember on a few tours they would set up a mic for Adam on his side, but it wasn't connected. I can't remember if he helped on vocals in U2's catalogue.

And I remember Larry did backing on vocals - I believe it was two songs.

Anyone know which songs, and what specific lyric Larry and Adam help out on?

Thanks guys :)

As far as live is concerned ...

All four band members sung on the War Tour. If you watch the DVD of 1983-05-30, a microphone is held in front of Larry at the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday and he joins in the "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" chant. I think Adam does too. Adam joins in on Two Hearts Beat As One (I think I spotted that on the 1983-08-20 DVD), and I'm not sure if Larry did.

I've also read some reports that Adam sung - as in the microphone was plugged in - during performances of Fire on the "falling, falling" bit.

I have also taken a screenshot of Adam singing backing vocals for Bullet The Blue Sky on the indoor European leg of ZooTV.

adam sung the "ouuttt of controlllll" bit on the redrocks performance of that song >>>>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=54T-quPzUHE (quite clearly seen there)
i think he sang the "i will foolooww" bit too on the video but not sure.

As far as studio is concerned, he sung on boomerang ii, endless deep and the last part of the orignal band aid

Larry did miracle drug (the "yeaasss") and numb.
in the past he has sung backing on zoo station, desire, daddys gonna pay...., love & peace or else and more that i cant think of right now. He also sang irish drinking songs on zootv

on vertigo larry sings on elevation, love and peace, and miracle drug

on zoo station sydney he has a mic, but the video never showed him singing during that song

At one of the JT Tour shows I attended, Adam actually introduced a song.... can't remember which but it was either Hartford, CT or New Haven, CT

Isn't Numb (new mix, best of 1990-2000) sung by all band members?

Of course The Edge sings the song with backing vocals from Bono. Larry sings "I feel numb" while Adam slowly speaks "I feel numb".

phillyfan26 said:
on vertigo larry sings on elevation, love and peace, and miracle drug

on zoo station sydney he has a mic, but the video never showed him singing during that song

he sung the "zoo statioooon" parts. its very hard to tell but if u look closely at one of the closeup shots of a television, he is singing.

BANZAI said:

Of course The Edge sings the song with backing vocals from Bono. Larry sings "I feel numb" while Adam slowly speaks "I feel numb".

I believe the second speaking "I feel numb" is actually Bono. I have read this somewhere (failing memory) but if you do listen very closely, it does sound like Bono.

However, if it is Adam, then that's great - the first song where all four members can clearly be heard in the song!

BANZAI said:

You're right, I swear that's Adam. You can actually hear it in the Zooropa album version too, but its buried much deeper in the mix. Near the start of the song too you can faintly hear someone (Edge I think?) saying "actually i find its quite hard..."

doctorwho said:

I believe the second speaking "I feel numb" is actually Bono. I have read this somewhere (failing memory) but if you do listen very closely, it does sound like Bono.

However, if it is Adam, then that's great - the first song where all four members can clearly be heard in the song!

I was just going to ask that. Is there a song that all 4 of them are definitely singing in?

bonocomet said:

I was just going to ask that. Is there a song that all 4 of them are definitely singing in?

Nothing official from what I've looked into, but I did come across a live video clip of "two hearts" on youtube where all 4 were singing, though not at the same time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I've seen another live video clip of Adam singing into the same mic as Edge, so it was definitely his voice I heard.

I think Adam also sings the "shake shake" part on "A Celebration" he did sing that part live on occasion.

Larry sometimes has one of those headset microphones...A sort of homecoming video I think?

BANZAI said:

Wouldn't Adam have to be in the credits, if he was singing?

Bono sings the falsetto "I feel numb" and the spoken, low "I feel numb"s are Larry's.

Also I remember seeing Larry singing back up in A Sort of Homecoming

craigp said:

he sung the "zoo statioooon" parts. its very hard to tell but if u look closely at one of the closeup shots of a television, he is singing.

I caught that - thanks.

Axver said:
As far as live is concerned ...

All four band members sung on the War Tour. If you watch the DVD of 1983-05-30, a microphone is held in front of Larry at the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday and he joins in the "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" chant. I think Adam does too. Adam joins in on Two Hearts Beat As One (I think I spotted that on the 1983-08-20 DVD), and I'm not sure if Larry did.

I've also read some reports that Adam sung - as in the microphone was plugged in - during performances of Fire on the "falling, falling" bit.

I have also taken a screenshot of Adam singing backing vocals for Bullet The Blue Sky on the indoor European leg of ZooTV.

I remember reading on u2faqs.com that Adam normally had a mic in front of him, but it wasn't plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom