Adam and Sexy Two Oclock in the Morning Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
I was just thinking how much I would love for Adam to record a solo album. A slow, sexy, 2 o'clock in the morning kinda album with songs like:

* Your Blue Room
* If You Wear That Velvet Dress
* Tomorrow (1996)

I know Adam doesn't play on Never Let Me Go but I wish U2 would rerecord that song with Adam.

Any other smooth, laidback songs that you can suggest? I want to make a CD.

Does anyone else wish Adam would record a solo album?

Adam can sing in a Nick Cave fashion like he does on Endless Deep

or

He can talk the way he does on Your Blue Room.

or

record some instrumentals

or all of the above.

Does Adam sing on Numb?

Edge, Bono & Larry (sort of singing) are all on there.

I thought he was, but am I imagining things?

I am pretty sure Adam sings a fair bit on Boomerang II.

I've also caught him doing backing vocals on Fire (1981) and Bullet The Blue Sky (1992), amongst other occasions. I suspect he has contributed a little more than people realise.

I once read an interview with Adam where he said he was undertaking singing lessons so Im presuming he can sing. Most likely in a completely different style to Bono and Edge though.

Although, Im actually more interested in his bass playing "moods" than his singing, Adam does have a luxurious deep voice on the songs where we can hear him.

Last edited:
beli said:
Adam can sing in a Nick Cave fashion like he does on Endless Deep

or

He can talk the way he does on Your Blue Room.

or

record some instrumentals

or all of the above.

Yes please :drool:

Ok. With hindsight my Nick Cave singing comparision was a bit off. Long story why I "said" that.

It looks like only me and Souly would like to hear an album like I described which kinda explains (one reason) why its never happened - not many people are interested. :(

PS Why do some people need to hear a singer on an album?

Last edited:
I too would love to hear more from Adam... bass is my favorite instrument - not the thumpa-bass heard in hip hop/rap, but that thrumming brrrrrmmmmm that vibrates your ribs and smooths you down into a hot relaxing bath. Adam does have a pleasant speaking voice - it suits his instrument well.

(Why do I feel I am talking in puns here? Nevermind...)

More great songs to crank up the lower frequencies on:
Love Comes Tumbling
Deep In the Heart
Walk To the Water
Endless Deep
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
(Yeah, this one gets kind of loud, but it's more thrilling than exciting, if you get my meaning!)

and of course:

BASS TRAP!!!

goat

I dunno, wouldn't mind a duet, sort of thing with Larry.

They did Mission Impossible soundtrack on their own, think that song got nominated for a Grammy too.

Larry only uses brushes, a sort of soft groovy album.

beli said:
Ok. With hindsight my Nick Cave singing comparision was a bit off. Long story why I "said" that.

It looks like only me and Souly would like to hear an album like I described which kinda explains (one reason) why its never happened - not many people are interested. :(

PS Why do some people need to hear a singer on an album?

Make that three.

Some Days Are Better Than Others
Dirty Day
Babyface

Adam goodness from Zooropa :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom