Actually, it does rock as hard as Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Let's compare track to track:

1. Zoo Station vs. Vertigo
Vertigo rocks harder.

2. EBTTRT vs. Miracle Drug
tie

3. One vs. SYCMIOYO
tie

4. UTEOTW vs. LAPOE
tie

5. WGRYWH v. COBL
tie

6. So Cruel vs. All Because Of You
All Because of You rock harder

7. The Fly vs. A Man and a Woman
The Fly rocks harder

8. Mysterious Ways vs. Crumbs From Your Table
Crumbs rocks harder

9. Tryin To Throw vs. One Step Closer
tie

10. Ultraviolet vs. OOTS
Ultraviolet rocks harder

11. Acrobat vs. Yahweh
Acrobat rocks harder

12. Love is Blindness
well, not fair to judge; maybe Fast Cars rocks harder?

so there's the proof:

AB: 3 harder tunes, HTDAAB: 3 harder tunes, 5 ties.

verdict: it "rocks" just as hard.

:eek:

feel free to disagree, but to me crumbs rocks harder.:shrug:

Crumbs is more uplifting and all but The Ways funkiness makes it rock that bit more

well, maybe, but that still doesn't mean it doesn't rock.

Crumbs From Your Table is far more rocking than Mysterious Ways.

I only like the live versions of Mysterious Ways (esp. Sydney show). While I love Achtung - MW song never really made up into my favorites category.

Right now - I play Crumbs more than any other song.

ok, freedom to say and think whatever we want

mysterious ways :dance: crumbs:) that is the difference

JOFO said:
Let's compare track to track:

2. EBTTRT vs. Miracle Drug
tie

3. One vs. SYCMIOYO
tie

4. UTEOTW vs. LAPOE
tie

8. Mysterious Ways vs. Crumbs From Your Table
Crumbs rocks harder

:eek:

EBTTRT, One, UTEOTW, and MT are all better/rockier than their HTDAAB "competition."

HTDAAB is a great album.....and all the songs are great, but clearly inferior to AB, IMHO.

Re: Re: Actually, it does rock as hard as Achtung Baby

macphister said:

EBTTRT, One, UTEOTW, and MT are all better/rockier than their HTDAAB "competition."

HTDAAB is a great album.....and all the songs are great, but clearly inferior to AB, IMHO.

That's true.

Re: Re: Actually, it does rock as hard as Achtung Baby

macphister said:

I second (or third? :) ) this!

It's so much inferior that ther is no reason to discuss about it :)

maybe in your opinions, but not in mine.

....and the reason to discuss it is because we're on a discussion board.
:madspit:

Oh, man, no way is AB much better than HTDAAB. Actually, HTDAAB is better end-to-end.

But that's just my opinion. :wink:

I agree that it rocks equially as hard as any album that they've done, in my opinion at least.

And I also think that HTDAAB is their best album as a whole, start to finish there are no weak tracks whatsoever, or any tracks that even detract from the rest of the album in any way. They spent three years to make this record, we spent three years on this board arguing how good it will be, why it's taking so long and when it's coming out...and they proved that they knew what they were doing.

so in short, i agree that it rocks as hard as achtung baby and i think it's their overall best work.

you dont like HTDAAB do ya? btw most things suck compared to Achtung

ZeroDude said:
you dont like HTDAAB do ya? btw most things suck compared to Achtung

I like that line - it's quite right .

But I have to admit that it took me a while to love Achtung Baby - which I do now for 12 years.
But I immediately fell in love with HTDAAB and I'm afraid that maybe there is nothing to grow for me because I liked almost every one on first listen....

btw:
Mysterious ways keeps me snipping my fingers and singing along everytime I hear it - it brings me up on my feet.
Crumbs doesn't - I just listen and like it.

Thats why Mysterious ways always rocks - Crumbs just rattles ;-)

HTDAAB beats AB hands down in just about any category you care to name, including this one. HTDAAB definitely rocks harder.

(It also seems some people here are arguing from personal opinion of songs, not how much it rocks. Mysterious Ways may be one to really get you dancing, but that doesn't mean it rocks on the level of Crumbs.)

Does it really make any difference which album rocks harder? To me its a pointless discussion. Both albums are very different and should each be valued for their own. I just think its great that u2, after being one of greatest rock bands ever for more than 20 years, still is capable of making an album like HTDAAB. They sound s as inspired as ever and there really is no song that disappoints me on this one. AB is great, but so is HTDAAB. Its a pity that every time u2 releases a new album people start to compare it with JT and AB. Every album deserves its place in the history of u2 and moreover u2 has never been that rock band people on this forum are continously talking about.

patrickU217 said:
To me its a pointless discussion.

Jesus Jumping Christ.

It's a fan DISCUSSION board. people are talking trash about how it doesn't "rock" as hard, so I put up a thread refuting that.

what are we supposed to talk about? the price of curtains at k-mart?

well, maybe just something else than just the repeating discussion about whether it rocks or not. Its getting a bit bored, there have been numerous discussions about that.

I think the french toast I had at brunch rocked way harder! It was stuffed with this pear/jelly stuff, and that stuff really rocked too!!!

(BTW, AB rocks the hardest, but HTDAAB rocks second hardest, and then everything else U2 has done rocks third hardest!)

htdaab may "rock" more in the most basic sense of having the guitars turned up louder, but it comes nowhere close to connecting as powerfully emotionally as achtung does.

I'd rather not make comparisons. I think its pointless. I'm not trying to hate on the post, JOFO, cause its a good one, which one rocks harder. But the whole comparing HTDAAB vs. AB is so uneccessary. AB was made 13 years ago!! It is unfair to compare HTDAAB to it because AB is the greatest album ever created IMO and creates a negative image toward the new record, when it itself is pure brilliance and every track is strong.

So do I think AB is better? Yes, because I've had over a decade to fall in love and experience every song, plus I got to see ZOOTV develop for almost three years, see the songs take another life on stage, and then own about 30 bootlegs from the Achtung Baby era alone. So compare that to, uh...a downloded leak of HTDAAB? Of course I'd go with AB :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom