Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by canedge. Nick, We all can tell you are a Law student. Being a dick in public and all. So why don't you spend your time working for some unethical corporation instead of nagging U2 fans on record buying practices.

Originally Posted by canedge. Nick is just being a dick.

Originally Posted by canedge.put a $25 iTunes card as a wager.

canedge said:
Nick,
How much do you believe it is not remastered?
A little or a lot. Put your 25 dollars down, gunslinger.
Canedge

Originally Posted by canedge. WOW. The issue is over. REMASTRED. Maybe Nick wants to see the long-form amazon deluxe.

Nick, glad to see you have deleted your anal retentive grammar quote.
You'll go further in life if you stop correcting people all the time.

Nick, I deleted that post because I didn't want to get into it. But really, who needs your grammar corrections.

Do you go dinner parties? How do they end up for you? Ever feel socially alienated?

you are no Nick 66, thats for sure

So that's a sample of what I've been putting up with, and ignoring, from you. You might have noticed by now I haven't replied to anything you've said, because you're not worth my time and because I don't want this thread to turn into a food fight. I reply to others here because we can disagree without making it personal or name calling, we're all U2 fans, after all. The rest of us can discuss this issue rationally. But apparently not you. Since you just can't seem to stop having a go at me, I'll reply this one time to make things clear for you.

You openly mocked me, in personal terms, for my opinion on the remaster issue. You followed this with several personal attacks on me, including name calling, and in fact at least two separate mods had to warn you about it (and this is one of the most tolerantly moderated forums I've seen). Then you, a complete stranger on the internet, wanted me to make a cash-value bet with you on this remaster thing, and when I politely refused you harassed me with private messages trying to goad me into it. You've followed that up with multiple barbs to me when I've directed no comments your way. At no point in time did I respond in kind and personally attack you. I was willing to let your behavior slide b/c I'm an adult...but you just can't seem to stop. And just an aside, in another thread I've been following, you said of London, the town I live in, "Burn baby, burn." As others have pointed out, I guess this is just "your thing", but how popular are you at "dinner parties" (to use your term) acting like that, candege? If you'd like, we can repost more of the fun you directed my way (none of which I responded to) and let others judge for themselves.

So in what world do you think I respect, or give any credence to, anything you have to say about anything?

Really, there's no need to reply. Though I'm sure you won't be able to help yourself. Let's see.

Woah - if we can just get canedge, Salome, Nick66 and BVS into a full blown barney here, this could very quickly become a thread for the ages.

It can still be saved!

maybe U2 will get back on track and do something special on itunes to coincide with iphone 5.

i mean, blackberry is essentially dead right? and RIM did such a successful job at promoting the music and media capabilities of their blackberry phones.

the box set prices are set accordingly to the rich fat bastards over the age of 45, so i am hopeful they sell to that majority demographic.

The early 90's were the best time for mastering for CDs, they were making them peak at the right levels and we weren't at the point of loudness wars that came in the late 90's. I firmly believe this will be remastered but it's not as needed as any of their other albums prior to this one.

Barney Fife.

Nick, I think your contribution to this thread has been great. In fact I think you were the first person across all U2 communities to point out this remaster conundrum. Now it seems you were onto something. Cheers. Seriously. :up:

It's an obvious thing to say, but there's also the possibility that if they did start to re-master these albums, that what they ended up with either didn't improve on the originals or actually came off worse sounding. So they ditched it in favour of a re-issue instead.

maybe U2 will get back on track and do something special on itunes to coincide with iphone 5.

i mean, blackberry is essentially dead right? and RIM did such a successful job at promoting the music and media capabilities of their blackberry phones.

the box set prices are set accordingly to the rich fat bastards over the age of 45, so i am hopeful they sell to that majority demographic.

What's up with the hate?:sad: I bought the uber deluxe, I am 45 and considered wealthy, but I'm not fat or a bastard. I'm passionate about U2, and like all of us I work very hard for my money. Generalizing and projecting a negative image onto a selected group can be a dangerous path. I'd like to think we can all appreciate each other, share our love of he band, and look forward to celebrating one of the best albums of all time.:heart:

Along those lines, anyone looking to get deeper into spirit of the 20 year anniversary, I highly recommend "Until the End of the World" by Bill Flannagan Amazon.com: U2: At the End of the World (9780385311571): Bill Flanagan: Books it is an amazing book that chronicles both albums from an insiders perspective. It is one of the best U2 books I've ever read.

BTW, all the members of U2 are rich and over 45 too, albeit they are a demographic all to themselves. :wink: Peace.

This thread.

BirdFight.gif

ocean's eleven told me it was cockney rhyming slang (barney rubble) for trouble. not sure if that's true or not but i guess in earnie's context it kinda fits.

Ha, yes, in ye olde cockney rhyming slang, 'Barney' = Barney Rubble = Trouble, but these days, to have a barney is just an argument or fight.

I was beginning to think, I was the only one here over 45. So relieved!! :reject:

Although, age doesn't matter really... :wink:

I'm not rich, not poor, but I guess I could save up some money to get the Über version. I'm buying the Super Deluxe, though, cause I just want the music and the videos, the book would be nice to have too! I wonder if it's a typo that the Super Deluxe book has more pages than the Über version! :hmm:

Can't wait to hear Baby Achtung Baby, very excited about that one!

I was also thinking.. what if they were really satisfied with the mix, and didn't want to touch it? Just a re-issue to celebrate the anniversary. But it would be nice to make it louder (because of the problem with the Ipods).. and if that's what they did, why would that be a disappointment to some of you?

i'm over 45, too. yay us!

going back and forth and back and forth on whether to get the super deluxe, and i know me - i'll cave, and get it. glad to read the recommendation to bill flanagan's book, which i just received in the mail on thursday. flipping through it so far has been mesmerizing.

i gave all my U2 memorabilia to my serious U2 fan nephew about 15 years ago... i have been longing for some of it to take me back to my ahem...younger days when i followed the band around calif/ariz/vegas. got in to the concerts for $25 everywhere. met great people. but, i didn't think i'd have such a crappy memory only 20 years later! love that there is so much online and in print to take me back - with better pics than i took, too :)

For me it's not about how much the Uber set costs...I can afford it. It's about value for the money I'm spending, and I don't think either the Uber or Super Deluxe set is a value for what we're getting. In any event, U2's not counting on a selling a lot of those Uber sets. They are luxury item created essentially for marketing and exist primarily to create perceived value to the Super Deluxe set.

I was also thinking.. what if they were really satisfied with the mix, and didn't want to touch it? Just a re-issue to celebrate the anniversary. But it would be nice to make it louder (because of the problem with the Ipods).. and if that's what they did, why would that be a disappointment to some of you?
Because all the dynamics are squished out?

For me it's not about how much the Uber set costs...I can afford it. It's about value for the money I'm spending, and I don't think either the Uber or Super Deluxe set is a value for what we're getting. In any event, U2's not counting on a selling a lot of those Uber sets. They are luxury item created essentially for marketing and exist primarily to create perceived value to the Super Deluxe set.

I think you're absolutely right. I'm the sort of person who'd have shelled out for the Uber Deluxe, as well.

However for the sort of money they're asking, and they're asking a hell of a lot, I'd expect something pretty special in return..

Although I'm still tempted, I have to ask myself, how much I'd be buying that I haven't already got.

I have nothing against them offering different levels of affordability, in fact I think it's a damn good idea, but they have to provide something decent for the price.

What's most disappointing for me is the sheer potential that a remastered package of AB offers, and a potential that everyone was hoping for, yet for some unfathomable reason, they're not delivering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom