Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell would even be on Zooropa deluxe?

That's a question I really really really want a confirmed answer to.

The way I'm reading the article, there will be one super-deluxe with both albums. Though I guess there will be a normal deluxe with Zooropa only. There's a good amount of unreleased stuff that came out of the Zooropa sessions, though, isn't there? Stuff like the original Wake Up Dead Man and whatnot.

There were some Zooropa leftovers.
The (surely provisional) titles come from the Flanagan book.

Untidy Life
Nosejob-described as a "crazy sounding song"
Jesus Drove Me
Piano: Poem
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control

The way I'm reading the article, there will be one super-deluxe with both albums. Though I guess there will be a normal deluxe with Zooropa only. There's a good amount of unreleased stuff that came out of the Zooropa sessions, though, isn't there? Stuff like the original Wake Up Dead Man and whatnot.

That's what I'm hoping against, because know Achtung has a ton of leftover tracks. Well, if U2 feels like approaching the outtakes anyway; they really, really loathe what happened with that and seem to dislike the material itself as well. If they just load it down with those, remastered or not, consider me somewhat unimpressed, because that will give them an excuse to leave out Zooropa material we have not had access to.

In Cold Blood will find its way on there in some form though; that much I am sure of.

My guess is Pop in 2012 (15th Anniversary) and Rattle & Hum in 2013 (25th Anniversary).

Perhaps Atomic Bomb in 2014 (10th Anniversary) and All That You Can't Leave Behind in 2015 (15th Anniversary)?

Oh man, i was excited enough about achtung baby remastered and with out takes, but i'm SO curious to see what kind of bonus material they'll have for zooropa - any out takes from that era would be massively intriguing... i don't think it can get more '90's u2' than this :hyper:

My guess is Pop in 2012 (15th Anniversary)

That would kind of make sense if they have a new album and tour out by then - after all, Bono recently talked about playing pop songs on the next tour. So maybe they'll do for pop on the next tour what they did with the unforgettable fire on the 360 tour?

maybe the versions of velvet, god will send, wake up dead man. :hyper:

i remember there was a song called 'nose job' and 'last night on earth' was a title floating around. (from the bp fallon book)

Untidy Life
Jesus Drove Me
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control

these as well :reject:

Untidy Life
Jesus Drove Me
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control

THESE LEFTOVERS SUCK BASED ON THE TITLES

Untidy Life = Dirty Day demo :down:
Nosejob = I guess they have enough money to all get them thanks to Zooropa deluxe
Jesus Drove Me = sounds like some bad CCM metaphor :down:
Piano: Poem = pretentious
Landscape = sounds like some Brian Eno solo track eww
Cry Baby = alt Babyface?? :yuck:
Indian Jam = maybe a leftover song from Morocco or whatever, could be cool
Sponge = Chris Martin tribute song
Lose Control = early Crazy Tonight??

Zooropa deluxe will now suck.

I might be the only one, but I think it's a shame that there's a possibility of them combining the two...

I think AB should have some really great leftovers.

I'm afraid if they combine the two somehow the bonus material might be too focused on ZooTV. Which wouldn't be terrible, but I'd prefer studio outtakes.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom