Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our L.A. people are letting us down.

From Bono's Diary.

Dearest Diary,

Today is a banner day. All the U2'ers are in Santa Monica for the proper remastering of the album. Except we don't want to say it's remastered because really, all we're doing is turning the volume up on the CD players and telling the label that we're remastering it. That way we can just take the money they're giving us for this and laugh all the way to the Netherlands.

When I say "all the U2'ers are in Santa Monica" what I mean is, all the U2'ers except Adam, who's lost in space (remember that TV show, lost in space? That's where Adam is). And Edge, who is currently in the process of dividing his Malibu property into eight subdivisions and then leasing them off to his brother Dik, Morleigh, a random guy he met on the bus last week, and Bob Dylan, in the hopes of getting his agriculturally/organically/technologically advanced houses snuck by the devils at the Malibu Homeowners Association. If not, he's going to use the power of his guitar playing to set the place on fire and collect the insurance. That's what I call a real guitar hero.

Which leaves me and Larry here to actually work on the "remastering." Though Larry refuses to leave the hotel, or even be seen in sunlight. He claims that he's just following the lead of Robert Pattinson, who unbeknownst to anyone is actually 427 years old. Larry thinks he can outlast him. I think he's right.

Which leaves me, sitting here, with the volume turned up to 11 on all the monitors, rocking out to the greatest album U2 has ever made. Though since Edge isn't around to correct it, I think I might actually see if I can get my guitar louder in the mix this time. Now that's what I call a proper remaster.

Which leaves me, sitting here, with the volume turned up to 11 on all the monitors, rocking out to the greatest album U2 has ever made. Though since Edge isn't around to correct it, I think I might actually see if I can get my guitar louder in the mix this time. Now that's what I call a proper remaster.

Ha!

So no news at all?

Btw I've been wondering about the Super Deluxe and what the tall vertical box will contain? The CDs & DVDs come in the book and the art prints come in a wallet but what could that tall box possibly have? The book looks too big to fit inside the tall skinnier box. Anyway that's just an observation I made because I am bored and we've no info on this.

I just figured that the box thing was a slipcover for the book and the art prints. :shrug:

From Bono's Diary.

Dearest Diary,

Today is a banner day. All the U2'ers are in Santa Monica for the proper remastering of the album. Except we don't want to say it's remastered because really, all we're doing is turning the volume up on the CD players and telling the label that we're remastering it. That way we can just take the money they're giving us for this and laugh all the way to the Netherlands.

When I say "all the U2'ers are in Santa Monica" what I mean is, all the U2'ers except Adam, who's lost in space (remember that TV show, lost in space? That's where Adam is). And Edge, who is currently in the process of dividing his Malibu property into eight subdivisions and then leasing them off to his brother Dik, Morleigh, a random guy he met on the bus last week, and Bob Dylan, in the hopes of getting his agriculturally/organically/technologically advanced houses snuck by the devils at the Malibu Homeowners Association. If not, he's going to use the power of his guitar playing to set the place on fire and collect the insurance. That's what I call a real guitar hero.

Which leaves me and Larry here to actually work on the "remastering." Though Larry refuses to leave the hotel, or even be seen in sunlight. He claims that he's just following the lead of Robert Pattinson, who unbeknownst to anyone is actually 427 years old. Larry thinks he can outlast him. I think he's right.

:lol: That might be a contender for Post of the Year. :applaud:

nathan1977 said:
From Bono's Diary.

Dearest Diary,

On behalf of The Internet, please accept this win.

139 for super deluxe is lower than I expected. Aussie fans are used to being stiffed on record store prices.

sure I could order frmo amazon uk and get it for 105, but this is a global financial crisis!

Again, if they are in Santa Monica, (or were in Santa Monica) it was most likely about "From the Sky Down" since that is where they are editing it. They have been working on that for the last few weeks, so I know they weren't probably finished yet (or it was JUST finished within the last week or so)

Probably viewing a rough cut, or close to final cut.

about 1 1/2 hour...I know the address of the company doing the doc, but not gonna bother going up there, on the hopes the band is hanging around...

Again, if they are in Santa Monica, (or were in Santa Monica) it was most likely about "From the Sky Down" since that is where they are editing it. They have been working on that for the last few weeks, so I know they weren't probably finished yet (or it was JUST finished within the last week or so)

Probably viewing a rough cut, or close to final cut.

I'm sure what you're saying is true, but that still doesn't explain why the Arnie Acosta mastering guys would cancel their session with another band in order to make room for U2. Isn't it possible that working on the documentary/viewing a rough cut and also possible audio work on Achtung Baby could BOTH have taken place this week?

Wishful thinking, I know...

I'm sure what you're saying is true, but that still doesn't explain why the Arnie Acosta mastering guys would cancel their session with another band in order to make room for U2. Isn't it possible that working on the documentary/viewing a rough cut and also possible audio work on Achtung Baby could BOTH have taken place this week?

Wishful thinking, I know...

Sure...I'm not saying they couldn't be doing remaster stuff, but since they were in Santa Monica and that is where they are editing "From the Sky Down" AND FTSD was still getting worked on as little as 3 weeks ago, it's a pretty easy guess to figure they were in S.M. to see the final/rough edit of the doc. Or maybe they were mastering the audio for the doc? (live stuff in the doc that was filmed eariler this year?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom