Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it isn't so much that I WANT it...it's more that I'm surprised, from a sort of "evolution of a song" standpoint that it appears to be left out. It's kinda like looking at how many words were spawned from the Latin "bene". Of course unheard stuff would be more appreciated, but going on the (misguided?) assumption that not EVERYONE buying the reissue has the outtakes in any form lying around, I just found it a weird track to leave out, simply because of how many recognizable songs grew from it.

I doubt everyone buying it has the Hansa outtakes bootleg. But I bet most of those buying the super deluxe are diehards. Most diehards have heard, know how to get, or have the Hansa outtakes more than likely.

Like you said before, at least it is not 12 remixes of Salome or just remixes with no unreleased material. I thought there was a strong possibility of nothing but remixes and B sides we already have for this set. So I'm pleasantly surprised from that perspective. :)

If they are in Santa Monica it's probably about the doc and not the album...they are working on the doc in Los Angeles...

Wasn't someone going to ask Daniel Lanois about the remastering as well?

I am sorry if I cannot remember the entire story or who it was that was going to ask.

Wasn't someone going to ask Daniel Lanois about the remastering as well?

I am sorry if I cannot remember the entire story or who it was that was going to ask.

It was me. Canedge. Lanois grew up in my city and still has ties here. I saw him play a local festival on Saturday but I didn't get chance to talk to him. I've talked to him before and he is very open and friendly when talking about tech issues. I am sure he would have revealed the details considering he was the producer of the album.

He was just too busy.

so, wait, I'm confused and out of the loop.. do we have any confirmation of the bonus disc tracklistings? or are we assuming the now-deleted universal tracklisting stands?

It was me. Canedge. Lanois grew up in my city and still has ties here. I saw him play a local festival on Saturday but I didn't get chance to talk to him. I've talked to him before and he is very open and friendly when talking about tech issues. I am sure he would have revealed the details considering he was the producer of the album.

He was just too busy.

Bummer. I met him once when he played a club where I live. Seemed like a nice guy.

Well, we still have a good two months to figure out if it's remastered or not. I'm sure I'll buy it either way.

so, wait, I'm confused and out of the loop.. do we have any confirmation of the bonus disc tracklistings? or are we assuming the now-deleted universal tracklisting stands?

The latter. :) Nothing is confirmed right now, except that we're getting an Achtung Baby anniversary edition coming october 31st.

So..is U2 is Santa Monica and/or is AB being repeatedly blasted out of a certain studio there? ;)

Yeah, if Bonosaurusrex's report is accurate, shouldn't this project be taking place right now? We get detailed digital recordings every time Bono and company retreat to the South of France, so surely someone can provide some kind of confirmation about Achtung Baby-related activity going on in the center of Los Angeles?

So no news at all?

Btw I've been wondering about the Super Deluxe and what the tall vertical box will contain? The CDs & DVDs come in the book and the art prints come in a wallet but what could that tall box possibly have? The book looks too big to fit inside the tall skinnier box. Anyway that's just an observation I made because I am bored and we've no info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom