Achtung Baby Side A vs Achtung Baby Side B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, call me strange , but I've always classified AB as having four sides, four trilogies that is. It works for 1-3 7-9 and 10-12. unfortunately AB also contains WGRYWH, which I don'treally like, the single edit is a bit better, but still...I really think Salomé, should've made the album, but I'm not sure it would've fitted as track5.

Every trilogy ends in a slow/ballad type song. 1-3 and 10-12 work best. Mainly due to the lack of quality in WGRYWH cancelling out the greaetness of UTEOTW and the dominance of the two singles over TTTYAATW.

and yeah, acrobat is a pretty fast song, dark and moody, but definitely not slow

Are we all certain that a high number of bpm is synonymous with "fast"? Yeah, Larry packs a lot of drum beats into Acrobat, but I have doubt that drum beats are the only indicators of a "fast song", especially when part of U2's rhythm section is actually The Edge. If you put Acrobat next to WTSHNN, or Wire, or Indian Summer Sky, or In God's County, or the chorus of Exit, it does not, as a whole piece of music, seem to travel at a greater velocity. Its verses and choruses appear to travel at a slower rate than any of those songs I just listed.

Yeah, because it means that if Edge wants to play in time, then Edge has to play faster. So, for example, Acrobat is in 4/4. Now Larry plays on all of those beats, but Edge might play on two in that entire bar, which explains why Edge's guitar sounds slower on Acrobat than it does on the rest of those songs, where he probably plays on every beat of a bar in those choruses/verses. I think anyway, Edge might play on every beat on the bar and the song mood just might screw with the tempo or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom