Achtung Baby Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visiongfx

Acrobat
All this talk about remastered old albums gets me excited, and most likely everybody wants to know when Achtung Baby gets remastered. I know i'm probably too early on talking about it all, but i'm wondering if they'll do the box set like joshua tree and put in a DVD of another show on their tour. Plus b-sides and maybe unreleased photos, ooooooh i can't wait. I hope they do a show from their outside broadcast leg, preferably one with mirrorball man in it!

Also if they are doing these remasters in order, do you think it'll be release next novemember or something?

-K

Visiongfx said:

Also if they are doing these remasters in order, do you think it'll be release next novemember or something?

-K

Probably not as that would compete with the new album.

Visiongfx said:
All this talk about remastered old albums gets me excited, and most likely everybody wants to know when Achtung Baby gets remastered. I know i'm probably too early on talking about it all, but i'm wondering if they'll do the box set like joshua tree and put in a DVD of another show on their tour. Plus b-sides and maybe unreleased photos, ooooooh i can't wait. I hope they do a show from their outside broadcast leg, preferably one with mirrorball man in it!

-K

The Washington show perhaps?

Visiongfx said:

-K
I surely hope so! I don't just want one concert. I want two and I want the whole concerts, not selected tracks!

Photos have me excited too. I hope they change the packaging a bit. The envelopes are nice looking, but they scratched my DVD. I want a protective way of storing the discs that doesn't risk scratching them every time I pull them out. :(

Re: Re: Achtung Baby Remastered

the tourist said:

Probably not as that would compete with the new album.

Oops i ment next year.

I want two and I want the whole concerts, not selected tracks!

Two! Now were getting greedy ;) But yeah, they taped every show... so they would have the best selection.

Last edited:
I hope we'll have it by summer/June or July or earlier - this year. This won't compete with the new stuff and they wouldn't put it out while they are on tour..
so we'll see it soon.. I hope. :hyper:

I'm guessing they'll release more re-masters in about November of 2009 (right when the tour dies down, but just in time for the Christmas rush). Probably The Unforgettable Fire and Rattle & Hum. Then wait awhile (maybe 6 months?) and do Achtung Baby and Zooropa.

Re: Re: Re: Achtung Baby Remastered

Visiongfx said:

Oops i ment next year.

Two! Now were getting greedy ;) But yeah, they taped every show... so they would have the best selection.
Every show! Now I DO want everything! Why not? I'd pay good money for good product.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Why stop at two? Ask for every show and then call U2 crooks when they don't give them to you.:|

? Was that a bit unprovoked?

Not exactly, certain posters have gone to great lengths saying how these reissues and other certain releases are theivery because the bonus material isn't to the poster's standards, and basically it boils down to they want everything for 5 extra bucks and then this release would be worth it.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Why stop at two? Ask for every show and then call U2 crooks when they don't give them to you.:|

haha i was really hoping you of all people would respond to that :wink:

I think by the time the new album has been released and they've done the tour, i think next in line for the re-releases after Boy, October and War this year will be The Unforgettable Fire and Rattle and Hum.

So id say 2011 is a good shout for the Achtung Baby re-release, as this would also be it's twentieth anniversary year.

If there is a dvd with it, id like it to be a show that hasn't been seen already, the Washington and Stockholm shows from 1992 are both already available in bootleg form and are Pro Shot and of good quality, so if people want these they are already out there.

Personally id like to have Rotterdam from 92 or Wembley from 93.

I would love to see a live dvd from the Indoor portion of Zoo TV.

They should really give us a dvd of each leg of their best concert like best indoor one, best outside broadcast and best zooropa one. (Wembley sounds awesome, with babyface and zooropa!).

But i doubt they'd do that... one concert will be enough to package. And it better not be 2011, nobody can wait that long.

--- Also i have a feeling achtung baby & zooropa will be remastered 'together', probably not in the same package but like released at the same time. =]]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom