According to U2.com, we can get tickets for EVERY venue and not just one show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If you check out the news section, there`s an article from U2.com on the upcoming tour and the last line of the article states the following:

"While the exact tour itinerary should be announced in the New Year, with tickets on sale later in January, members of U2.Com will get a window of opportunity ahead of everyone else to buy tickets of their choice at every venue. "

So we`re eligible for 2/4 tickets (depending on arena or stadium) for each and every venue according to U2.com; that`s different from what we all thought previously (that we could receive tickets for ONE show only).

This also confirms what someone I know was told by Fanfire a few days. This is brilliant news!!

I desperately hope that this is true...! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though; in all likelihood, it's just a grammatical error which isn't intended to say what it actually said. I REALLY hope it's right, though...that'd just be the greatest thing EVER!!!

I think it means that we can buy two tickets to one show at any venue we like. It won't be limited to just certain shows, but every show.

Why would they feel the need to tell us that? I don`t think certain shows were excluded in the past from Propaganda deals (although North Americans couldn`t buy tickets for Europe and vice-versa)

How will that work then?
Surely the will only have a limited number of tickets for each concert? :eyebrow:

I can see a total mess with this some people will get handsful of tickets for loads of shows while others will get none I wonder how they will handle this??

people seem to be seeing this as an overlying ticket for EVERY show; that is, one ticket for a guaranteed spot at any show you want to go to.

this is WRONG.

this just means that there will be presale tickets available for all the shows with no shows being excluded from presale.

it's nothing overly spectacular. the tragically hip do it completely for free if you're signed up on their mailing list.

don't go apeshit over this, folks.

DaveC said:

this just means that there will be presale tickets available for all the shows with no shows being excluded from presale.

Well that would hardly be newsworthy- it doesn`t deviate from past policy where no shows, to my knowledge, were excluded from past offerings and I`ve been a member of Propaganda for about 15 years. Perhaps they should have re-phrased it differently and mentionned we would be eligible for tickets for any one show.

Anyhow, I hope you`re wrong and I`m right but I`ll try to keep my feet on the ground until it`s confirmed either way.

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:

Well that would hardly be newsworthy- it doesn`t deviate from past policy where no shows, to my knowledge, were excluded from past offerings and I`ve been a member of Propaganda for about 15 years. Perhaps they should have re-phrased it differently and mentionned we would be eligible for tickets for any one show.

Anyhow, I hope you`re wrong and I`m right but I`ll try to keep my feet on the ground until it`s confirmed either way.

trust me, i'm right on this.

think about it. one overarching pass to every show? that'd jack just about every casual fan who wants to go, and it'd cost them probably millions.

you're just taking the comment out of context. the only thing it means is that every show will be eligible for presale tickets, INDIVIDUALLY.

and notice the "tickets of their choice at every venue" meaning normal tickets i would presume ASWELL as the premium and so on,

Folks you get 2 tickets per membership, period. You can pick from any show from the tour though to get your 2 tickets for. That is what the statement means. Some of you are reading into it way to much.

As I said in the Prop thread they are probebly going to send people an email ahead of time asking what show you are interested in so they can try to reserve the tickets. Its more than just a pre sale. You are basically guaranteed some type of ticket. A pre sale as done on Ticketmaster is where they make about 200 ticket available ahead of time for each show. First come, first serve, when those are gone the presale is done. This isnt like that. Its going to work like Prop used to.

I'm amazed at how cynical some of you are about this also. Did any of you participate with Propaganda before?? They typically provided fantastic seats, every once and awhile decent seats. But they always provided. Do you realize how quickly the first couple arena shows in markets like Chicago, New York and Boston are going to sellout? I think its well worth the $20 I spent twice for my 2 memberships.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom