Access Hollywood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dane-Dane

The Fly
A few nights ago on Access Hollywood they showed a snippet of Bono being interviewed afer he left the stage at half time. Regarding the scrolling of the names, the interviewer asks him, "did you get emotional at all?" and he kind of leans near her and
quietly says, "I can't actually look at the
names or I wouldn't be able to sing"

You gotta just love this guy. I can never understand why he gets so much crap. Never doubt the sincerity.

Ahh, proves me right again why I love him.
biggrin.gif

A little off-topic, but related -- has anyone ever noticed he ALWAYS turned away at the end of One (I think, and Kite as well) on the third leg? Did he do this on the first leg? I can't tell if it's just tradition or emotions or what.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by Dane-Dane:
A few nights ago on Access Hollywood they showed a snippet of Bono being interviewed afer he left the stage at half time. Regarding the scrolling of the names, the interviewer asks him, "did you get emotional at all?" and he kind of leans near her and
quietly says, "I can't actually look at the
names or I wouldn't be able to sing"

You gotta just love this guy. I can never understand why he gets so much crap. Never doubt the sincerity.

smile.gif

Yeah, it's hard enough just watching...
Anyway, yeah, he's a class act!

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

At work the other day we were talking about how moving the halftime show was. Everyone I knew who saw it got choked up, how could you not?

Any-hoo, it pisses me off to no end when people say that Bono and U2 are exploiting/ cashing in on the tragedy of 9/11.
mad.gif

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

You wanna know why Bono gets so much shit? Because the same people who nitpick him and criticize him and call him arrogant, and pompous, and full of himself, entirely lack the compassion and sincerity that he exhibits.

That's our Bono!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
has anyone ever noticed he ALWAYS turned away at the end of One (I think, and Kite as well) on the third leg? Did he do this on the first leg? I can't tell if it's just tradition or emotions or what.

I noticed him turning around at the end of One, facing the names, I think it was a gesture showing respect.

Originally posted by Mulholland Drive:
You wanna know why Bono gets so much shit? Because the same people who nitpick him and criticize him and call him arrogant, and pompous, and full of himself, entirely lack the compassion and sincerity that he exhibits.

really good point there, MD

I'm not sure at what point it became cool to be cynical and unhip to be sincere, but it's a load of shit if you ask me. Thumbs up for Bono.

Bono really rules in showing sincerity. So many new artists today dare not show an ounce of care for the world because they don't want to be stared upon as bono followers.

Look at MC Hammer, he made a tribute cd and donated money to the 9-11 fund but someone cruel in the media said that he needed to keep his money because he needed it more. Nice way to help out, eh?

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 02-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom