ABOY=Rolling Stones???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I really see this song as something the Stones could do. Maybe it's just the 60's vibe I get from the song, but the end really just comes off as something the Stones could do. I think the best part is the break down before the big solo. Edge's guitar is great!

I really don't get the Who feeling. I think this is a great song. It's the only one I will download. I really can't wait to hear the rest, but I will wait!!!!

It's got a Rolling Stones feeling because that riff is very similar to the Keith Richards kind of playing (like JJF, Street Fighting Man, Satisfaction....), it definitely reminds me of Jumping Jack Flash. The Who feeling comes from Bono's screams in my opinion and from the guitars, also maybe because of the use of the acoustic guitar while there is an electric one being played at the same time and maybe because Larry is playing a very rock n' roll beat, much like the great Keith Moon. It's a great combination of influences if you ask me. :yes:

Rolling Stones?

More like Neil Young.

Guitar on this tune is very Neil Young influenced. If I remember right Edge has said he looks to Neil Young as an influence.

U2atUSC said:
Rolling Stones?

More like Neil Young.

Guitar on this tune is very Neil Young influenced. If I remember right Edge has said he looks to Neil Young as an influence.

I like this view. Edge does have a Neil thing going in his solos.

U2democrat said:
:yes: I was thinking about that song as I was listening to ABOY today.

Yeah, you know something about a line from Substitute that just makes me think of this song. Damn, I can't remember which line it is, but everytime I listen to ABOY it just reminds me of that song.

U2democrat you have a variety of musical taste if you were reminded of that "old" Who song. I didn't discover older Who until I was in my early 20's, which was slightly after you were born. Rock on darlin'!

I always think "Who" during the last verse, when Bono sings, almost shouts, "I'm alive, im being born! I just arrived, I'm at the door of THE PLACE I STARTED OUT FROM..."

this song really does rock

Back
Top Bottom