ABOY Radio Version - much better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
ABOY is getting alot of radio play here in the UK (it's the next single) and the version played is very different to the album version! The guitar part is a different recording the one on the album. It has more grit to it and is louder - there is a 'Beat On The Brat' style guitar sound that I don't hear on the album version.. plus the bass is much more prominent.

Overall a much better package!

Does anybody have the AMAAW acoustic yet??

Last edited:
I haven't heard it played yet, must be listening to the wrong stations.

I presume it's the same version as the one on the import single from the US???

I didn't hear the US version so I can't compare.. It was just on Radio 1 and Virgin are playing it alot. It's definately different, not the usual clipped radio version. Didn't they re-record a 'new single' in Holland this summer?

They re-recoreded it yes. And it is so much better, they've taken the best bits from the bomb, and the best from the alt version

I think the song finally reached its potential in this version, at least the potential w/ the album version lyrics...:|

I heard it tonight! I got so excited but my mum talked over the whole thing despite my saying "it's U2!" and jumping up and down, and then when the song was over she stopped talking and left. Jeez.

But yeah I ADORE this song anyways, and I love the new version. Ace! :D:D

I honestly don't have a preference between single, alternate, and album versions. I prefer the album version's intro, though.

Miricale_Drug said:
They re-recoreded it yes. And it is so much better, they've taken the best bits from the bomb, and the best from the alt version

Agreed, except lyrically, I still prefer the alt :p but musically the radio version is probably the best of the three (album, alt, radio).

Too bad they didn't release that version in the US.

if Bono gave a balls out performance on the vocal track this would have been a hit in America, yes dare I say, an American U2 hit.

I don't see a big difference in the single version and the album version, yes I know the differences quite well, but if it's not the alt version, then the album version with a better vocal track would have been a hit.

I still dig the song and think it's deffintely the benchmark between those who like U2 as a rock band and those who think they do.

if anyone feels like sending this to me, im a big fan of this song (it should have been released instead of vertigo, freeing up the last space for original or miracle drug imo), can you please email it to me at balfron123@gmail.com i will thenpost the y s i link for everyone else:) thanks!

They aren't even playign the radio version here, thye are playing the normal version and cutting it after the scream, I want that last solo

Back
Top Bottom