ABOY (cd-single)! Feb.8th/05 Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
I don't know if this has been said already, but I thought I would mention it anyway. Universal's Canadian site umusic.ca has ABOY (cd single) listed for a February 8th commercial release in its new releases section. There is no mention of B-sides.

Give me Mercy now! :drool:

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if we're getting any live versions of the new songs. And yes, Mercy in its full glory would be great! :D

I hope since they have tons of songs in the vaults that we will get new songs for b-sides instead of the tired routine of live songs, which is something REM do as well...

Roland of Gilead said:

Give me Mercy now! :drool:

NOOOOO ...you fool! ;)
Mercy is a VERY promising song but obviously not finished yet (the chorus is marvellous but the rest is still unfocused): i want a finished version of that song on the next album..not an unfnished song as a b-side.

Well, this fools thinks what is done is done. You don't publish lyrics to the song in a book and let blender folks and other friends hear this if you don't want this out. It is just a matter of time (within a year) before this song finds its way out there on an official release.

But honestly, I have this feeling that the next B-side(s) will be a live recording of Vertigo and such. Maybe from the Bridge ep at itunes.

Roland of Gilead said:
Well, this fools thinks what is done is done. You don't publish lyrics to the song in a book and let blender folks and other friends hear this if you don't want this out. It is just a matter of time (within a year) before this song finds its way out there on an official release.

But honestly, I have this feeling that the next B-side(s) will be a live recording of Vertigo and such. Maybe from the Bridge ep at itunes.

i didn't want to be offensive (look at the emoticon: i was joking! :huh: )

anyway i hope they won't release Mercy until it's been properly finished: there are a lot of intresting ideas on that song and releasing it now with no re-work would be a big mistake...there's a lot of potential in that song

Dima said:

i didn't want to be offensive (look at the emoticon: i was joking! :huh: )

I know you were joking. I'm sorry. I certainly wasn't trying to come off as defensive and upset. No harm. Your thoughts are all good. :D

Roland of Gilead said:

I know you were joking. I'm sorry. I certainly wasn't trying to come off as defensive and upset. No harm. Your thoughts are all good. :D

I don't speak English that well so i didn't understand whether you were upset or not for my expression :)

as a result i'm always scared of being unpolite or offensive when i try to use words that could be misunderstood :reject:

I don't understand why people think that Mercy is unfinished? It sounds finished to me. It's a great song in my opinion.

The funny thing is that it is only speculation that the song we have heard is Mercy. Has it ever been confirmed in an official capapcity? I'm of the belief it is Mercy, but we don't know for sure.:ohmy:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I don't understand why people think that Mercy is unfinished? It sounds finished to me. It's a great song in my opinion.

The funny thing is that it is only speculation that the song we have heard is Mercy. Has it ever been confirmed in an official capapcity? I'm of the belief it is Mercy, but we don't know for sure.:ohmy:

the lyrics for the song are handwritten in the deluxe cd/dvd edition book. the words "Mercy Mercy" are written in big letters on that page.
i think it is safe to assume the song is in fact mercy. :)
awesome song....

I still can't believe ABOY is the next single. It and man/woman are the only two songs I DONT love on the whole album. What are they thinking!?!?!?!

I am hoping that someone around U2 puts the kibosh on releasing All Because of You as a single. It simply isn't a good song. It's not that it isn't good enough. It's not good. Sadly, I am now in the habit of skipping past it to #7 every time I listen to the full CD. I can't recall ever doing that on a consistent basis to one track. While others do like/love it, and that's cool, I don't think it speaks for U2's musical quality or integrity.

all because of you is growing on me, but it is still the weakest on the album. the live version is a big step up, but the album mix is very hard to listen to.

lovennpeace said:
I am hoping that someone around U2 puts the kibosh on releasing All Because of You as a single. It simply isn't a good song. It's not that it isn't good enough. It's not good. Sadly, I am now in the habit of skipping past it to #7 every time I listen to the full CD. I can't recall ever doing that on a consistent basis to one track. While others do like/love it, and that's cool, I don't think it speaks for U2's musical quality or integrity.

Talk about going over the top...

great, great song IMO, the beat, melody, lyrics and guitars are all pretty satisfying and add up to a cohesive rocking whole.

I have come to really like ABOY so much more than I originally did when I first heard it. I think its because of the live version from the Bridge ep at itunes. Its a killer!

I've read "All because of you" would be out on 18th January in USA and "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" on 14th February in the rest of the world.
It makes more sense because "All because of you" has already been played in the US, in turn SYCMIOYO hasn't been played yet.

www.todoU2.tk

Roland is talking about the actual CD single which isnt coming out in the US unless you get it as an import.

The promo 1 song track is already out. This date here is for the actual commercial release. Two months is right in line with previous waits.

lovennpeace said:

I really like this song - especially when Bono screams! :hyper: As for putting the kibosh on its release, I think it WAY too late for that, what with the video already having been shot, and CD artwork all ready to go. I think it's also being played on the radio (I hate the radio and NEVER listen to it) too. The Saturday edition of our local paper prints the top 10's of the local radio stations, and ABOY is already at #6 on the rock station here.

Back
Top Bottom