Abbey Road Week One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_acrobat said:
U2.com emailed me the studio diary part 2, and told me to post it all to you cause they were too lazy to upload it on the website. So here it is.

Monday: Rick Rubin and Bono got into a fist fight, because Rick made a suggestion at changing a lyric. I mean, it was a bloody mess. Bono says "screw this, I'm going to the states". So there's Rubin and Edge, Adam and Larry, understandably pissed at Rubin for hurting one of their oldest friends Bono. They try to carry on and work on the current in-studio favorite, "(Don't give up on) Believing (in Africa)", but Edge thinks the middle 8 is a little weak, but Rubin disagrees. Rubin thinks they should just finish the album by the end of the week. Edge agrees and says he doesn't want to spend much time on it, but then backsteps and says they're only beginning the recording process. Rubin exclaims "JESUS CHRIST!!! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING?? Shit, we've been working on these songs for 3 weeks now! How much more time do you need?" They end up sitting silently on opposite sides of the room, pouting until finally Rubin leaves at 11pm.

Tuesday: Edge looks up at 7am and realizes the Rubin left 8 hours ago, so he won the pouting contest. Then he realizes the master tape has been stolen. "SHIT!" he yells, "3 weeks of work ruined!" He calls Rubin, and Rubin says he has delivered the album to Radio One, and they are to broadcast the entire thing at noon. "Don't worry Edge, I think we've got about 15 finished tunes on here" Rubin assures him. But Edge knows better. There were 0 finished songs, and 5 of the tracks on the master tapes were just him practicing Tom Jones songs for Karaoke night next week. Track #12 was a farting contest Adam and Bono had last week. He really had to get to Radio One before it was too late.

Adam and Larry were both called into action. They run to the studio, and see the DJ putting the disc in the player, and his finger is slowly going towards the play button. "NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Adam screams as everything suddenly switches to slow motion. He leaps across the room and manages to unplug the cd player before anything can be broadcast, and millions of bootleggers can get to work.

Dinner consisted of Adam, Edge, Larry, McG, and Rubin at Norman's restaurant Nude. They all enjoyed it.

Wednesday: Rubin is fired, and Bono and Larry tell a few fans outside the studio to spread the word that the album won't be released in 2006 or 2007. Also, just to be mean, Larry says "and if you keep bitching at me, we'll also cancel the Milan DVD." The fan pleads for him to reconsider, but Larry says "Fine, fuck it that's it! You won't get your Milan DVD, and I'll have to think about letting you have Popmart."

Thursday: Nothing happened.

Friday: Nothing happened... nor will it for awhile.
haha! Oh man...that's too good! The ending for Wednesday is mint.

Back
Top Bottom