A year has passed since I saw them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
A year ago U2 was in Rio to record a performance for Globo TV show Fant?stico. And I was there as well, so happy for having the opportunity of my life to get closer to the band I have adored for so many years. Not a big deal for the majority of fans here, used to see them playing several times in so many tours, I know. But for me and my friends the reality is utterly different and the event was so remarkable we won't forget it so soon. Only 4 songs, 2 were played twice, no more than 1/2 hour of an awesome performance, 1/2 hour of pleasure and joy, I dare think for the band as well. It was a celebration. I'm celebrating again. Just felt like sharing with you. Thanks U2.

------------------
Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be...

Happy Thanksgiving Maria T. (I know, totally American holiday, but the sentiment is the same.)
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Thanks for the kind words friends. Those were great memories I need to hold on to.
Happy Thanksgiving for U2.
smile.gif

------------------
Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be...

Thanks for that post. What perspective. I've seen them many times on this tour, but I got chills when I read this. I remember a year ago also, when it was all new, and we were just dreaming of what the tour could be like. That you only saw them one time and are so happy for it, well, that's what it's about, the greatest memory simply because you were there.

Next time I'm sad b/c I think could I've added shows, seen them more, I'll think of this, the total celebration and appreciation just for the chance to see them one time. I try to approach every show like it's a gift, and it's that spirit I feel here, and it's a beautiful thing.

I hope so much it's not the last time for you.

love and lemons
dawn

You're welcome Dawn. Or should I say thanks for your kind words as well? Yes, it was the highlight of a lifetime as a U2 fan for me. I was among the less than 400 lucky brazilians who got access to the recording session, I was in the front row, really near the band. They played BD and Stuck twice, plus Elevation and TGBHF. I lived a dream, and I kept living that dream for some weeks after that. I have a VHS of the pre-show that was aired on TV where I appear for some brief moments along with a friend who was interviewed after the show. I was so happy, a big grin illuminating my face...So happy that sometimes I don't recognize myself in those images, believe me.

"I lived a dream..."

So did I, for this entire tour. Whenever I see pictures of me in the front row, with my arms reaching out for the music, (or mostly for Edge's guitar, as I was always in front of him) I don't recognize myself either. I'm looking at this person who was transported to another world by the music, and by the fact that every show was a dream, and i couldn't never really believe I was that close to them, no matter what number show it was.

About a year ago was Irving Plaza. I tried and tried to get in, but couldn't. Then I realized so many of the people who were there weren't really fans like us, but people with privilege. I'm so glad to read of someone who went to a small exclusive show as the one you went to that wasn't a VIP or a friend of the band, but a real fan who appreciates that chance.

If you can ever get to the NE/MidAtlantic USA for a U2 show, just let me know, I'll help you out anyway I can.

Enjoy your precious memory! I know I will enjoy mine!

Well Dawn, thanks again for your gentle offer, that?s what amazes me about U2 fans, we can connect and share our feelings in a way that is special and we are always willing to help.
In fact there were some VIPs attending that showcase as well, some special guests from Globo TV, but the band demanded real fans in the first rows, and I got to be there with my friends, some people I got to know while I was there and they remained my friends after that.
We still hope the band bring on their next tour to this side of the world.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom