A year ago today..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I saw U2 for the first time.
I really can't believe it's been a year.
Since it's a special day for me, I took it off from work-with pay.
Anyone here at the Tacoma show last year?
I'll post picutres in a bit.

I wasn't, but I got this nostalgic thinking of the Charlotte show on the one year anniversary of it in March. I suggested in my thread that we all tell our stories when it's one year to the day. No one took me up on it, but I see MANY threads like yours and mine. My plan was to have them all in ONE thread for archival purposes, all of us sharing our memories of Elevation for posterity. Oh well, I'm just a sentimental fool.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

I can't believe no one has responded......
At this time last year (5pm), we were standing in a crowded little spot in the GA line. It wasn't a line anymore, they had moved us down to a "holding pen". The girl in front of me had a Popmart shirt with dates on the back, I read that shirt over and over and over....
Tonight at 9, I'm listening to the bootleg.

*Stormy* --
ah, but you are mistaken! I responded, except by starting my own thread. but I was inspired by your original post, and the responses I got there were fun. And I suspect others who've posted their own anniversary threads had seen yours... It's so fine to relive it, isn't it??
{{*Stormy*}}

Deb D

Yup, I was there!!! People seem to gush about the Vancouver show the next night, but Tacoma was just as good. Bono's voice was perhaps better. A very special show, with Edge's kids taking the stage, to dance with Bono. I was right against the heart (on the outside).

The setlist (IMO) was the best from the tour. I wanted to hear Sweetest Thing, Even Better, and The Ground Beneath. Plus Pride was added as well as Unchained Melody - Zoo TV style.

Seeing them again the next night made it even better of course, those two nights were awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom