A Visual Appreciation Of Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
P30.JPG

popmart15nn.jpg

popmart23na.jpg

popmart37rm.jpg

popmart40kj.jpg

popmart50po.jpg

popmart66od.jpg

popmart.jpg

I've never seen Popmart live, but unlike many others, I'd rather step back and see a Popmart show than a ZooTV show.

Great post ;)

:up: :drool: I'm wondering if anybody has a larger version of the picture with the spotlights shooting up...?

What a gigantic thing, I have incredible memories when I saw a concert during the Popmart..............I got so blown away, it was my first ever concert...............and what a concert.................

nice the "zoo tv presents" on the left corner of the ticket...............
I would get back at those times.......................oh, how much I would..................

bono.gif

October 26th, 1997, Toronto.

In one of my stupidest moves ever, I bought a ticket to this show months earlier, but then got so caught up in university that I didn't go. It would've been my first U2 show. :sad:

That looks fookin amazing!

It looked like there was Floor Seats at one of those venues... was Popmart GA or was their floor seats?

I wish I had made a PopMart show... I became a fan with *POP* in '97 and they came right next door in New Orleans, but alas my parents ruled it out claiming I was too young at the time. I was 14 :scream:

Wow those pictures really show the enormity of the tour.

Achtung_Bebe said:
I wish I had made a PopMart show... I became a fan with *POP* in '97 and they came right next door in New Orleans, but alas my parents ruled it out claiming I was too young at the time. I was 14 :scream:

Wow those pictures really show the enormity of the tour.

Too young for a concert at 14!?

I feel your pain though... I was 10 or 11 when they came through Winnipeg... and alas... I was not a U2 fan then :(

Blasphemy!

How did I miss this thread? :huh:

ElectricalVoice said:
Interviewer: Why a lemon?
Bono: Why NOT a lemon?

:lol: Excellent! :up:

Those are some mindblowing pictures! I'm gonna 'right click-save' if you don't mind. :whistle:

Love the 'Zoo TV presents' thing! :drool:

Yeah, I too wish I'd seen them live back then! :sigh:

mark.jpg

Mark Fisher. The man behind the tour stage setups for U2, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones and several other bands!

Let's bow at his alter. :bow:

:wink:

I was listening to a bunch of bootlegs today, and I realise that when Popmart lacks the benefits of incredible stage design, non-stop visual stimulation, and great theatrics, it's definitely the least impressive of U2's last 5 or 6 tours.

Back
Top Bottom