a vision on Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Achtung Baby used to be my all-time favorite album (is in my top 3, thou), I still think is brilliant... so, surprisingly I found this on Tiny Mix Tapes (an infamous site about indie music and such)... I think is very interesting or at least entertaining:

Don't Hate Me for Liking U2

I love ACHTUNG, and I agree with this guy for the most part, but not about everything. But I do recognize the indie-music fan's hatred of U2, because as a U2 fan I've been hearing it all my life.

This is a good, short article, thanks for posting it. The ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL FOR A BOTTLE OF MILK reference is a little obscure, and I think he just threw it in there to prove he knows something about obscurity (indie-mucis folks love to do that). And I thought WAKE UP DEAD MAN was originally thought up during the ZOOROPA recording sessions? I don't know, but it's nice to see people like this giving ACHTUNG some good recognition. It is, after all, a total masterpiece.

Bono sings the lyrics 'Wake up Dead man' on a couple of songs during the AB sessions., so he's right in saying it came from that era.

Though I'd disagree with him when he says AB is an anomaly in U2's career. Has he ever heard of passengers, or Pop, they hardly fit his U2 image.

Achtung Baby got bashed a lot by critics when it first came out, maily by guys like the author of that article who now hail it(rightfully) as a masterpiece.
It's the best album of all time in my opinion, even greater than Low by David Bowie, an album which it is similar to in style and mood.

Back
Top Bottom