A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS: CHRISTMAS, BABY PLEASE COME HOME VIDEO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
Enjoy U2 singing Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) from 1987's A Very Special Christmas, ala a Rattle and Hum, black and white video. Also, look for the interaction between Bono and the Edge and Adam, it is classic and hilarious...also, let me wish a Merry Christmas to U2!

Chris
http://veryspecial.org/album1/index.html

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

I have this video on tape, and I also have that CD...I love that song.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I love this video. lol. The interaction between Bono and Edge is priceless. Bono singing his heart out and hamming it up (as usual) and then there's this tiny moment when he dramatically sings at Edge and Edge turns and rolls his eyes. haha.
biggrin.gif

Hey maybe I'll throw that on the Christmas video. Appropriate, no?

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Hey sis, there is also the part where Bono is singing and gesturing toward Adam, and as he approaches closer, Adam winks at him...I love that part as well. Does anyone else at times think that Bono looks a little creepy on some of the darker parts of the video. But I still love the parts as well where he is simply belting the song out.

Chris

I decided I needed to take a U2 break to go take a shower and clean my room before work...and guess what song is on the radio!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Yeah, Adam looks like he's enjoying Bono's antics. And I agree, when the light is coming from above and his face is cloaked in shadows, Bono does look rather ominous. Perhaps a foreshadowing of MacPhisto?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-06-2001).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
And I agree, when his the light is coming from above and his face is cloaked in shadows, Bono does look rather ominous.

I showed that part to my friends (who are NOT U2 fans), and one of them said, "Oh my God!! See, see?? I told you he was evil! Look at him!" *lol*
biggrin.gif

Ack! I gotta get away from this forum so I can go clean! Stop makin' me come back here!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

I agree Michael...Bono's voice was amazing during that time (remember, this was before he took up smoking as well). I'd never seen the video, but know I *really* disliked the song, so I watched it without the audio!
tongue.gif
Cute video...

That is SOME kinda groovy vest Bono's got on...and that hat??? Um....

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
I can't help but wish Bono's voice still sounded that full. In the late 80s (especially Love Town era) he had this special quality in his voice that sounded golden. Pure soul. That, to me, will always be the Bono I'll remember when looking back one day.

1. I love how Bono's wearing a vest that those crossing guard ladies wear
biggrin.gif

2. I LOVE when Bono looks at Edge SEDUCTIVELY and Edge is like 'feck off' and rolls his eyes. HOW CUTE!

3. If Gina Marie is around....did you check out Bono's sleeves in some of the parts? Exceptional!

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

All I gotta say is...

Adam's winking ... sooooo cute and sexy!

*swoons*
*dies*

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

I try not to think this way generally, but everytime I listen to this song, I can't help but wish Bono's voice still sounded that full. In the late 80s (especially Love Town era) he had this special quality in his voice that sounded golden. Pure soul. That, to me, will always be the Bono I'll remember when looking back one day. I say this not in an attempt to live in the past, but to capture it. I know the future of U2 can still be bright, and it has been so far. Can't wait to see what is still out there...

------------------
The Tempest

It's quite ironic that critics back then ripped the band for being so serious, but this video shows nothing of that...it shows a band having fun with an old Christmas song, but more importantly, having fun with each other.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

God, now i cant get that song outta my mind. Been stuck there all day.
wink.gif

------------------
"If he gets up...we'll all get up...It'll be anarchy!!"

Back
Top Bottom