A Vertigo Cover - What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bland jazzy adult comtemporary music ahead: Danger Danger Danger

Paging Diana Krall.

I think this cover shows how difficult it is to make a really great rocking song, like "Vertigo". In contrast, slow the tempo down, sing pretty and you have Josh Groban, "American Idol", Clay Aiken, Celine Dion - easy listening. The guy's voice is pretty, but the song loses all power and meaning. The song is about confusion and dizziness, with perhaps God or someone incredible being the only way out. Instead, this guy makes it sound like a sappy love song. Again, pretty voice, but the song loses its power.

doctorwho said:
I think this cover shows how difficult it is to make a really great rocking song, like "Vertigo". In contrast, slow the tempo down, sing pretty and you have Josh Groban, "American Idol", Clay Aiken, Celine Dion - easy listening. The guy's voice is pretty, but the song loses all power and meaning. The song is about confusion and dizziness, with perhaps God or someone incredible being the only way out. Instead, this guy makes it sound like a sappy love song. Again, pretty voice, but the song loses its power.

Never seen the relation relation to god in Vertigo myself:huh:

Back
Top Bottom