A U2 Fan's Catch-22?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Lilly:
1. Thanks for the new sig idea.

2. The 80s? Tell me more!

Hey Lilly...your welcome, even though I borrowed it from the ZooTV tour.

And wow, where does one start with the eighties...it is like trying to talk about the nineties...both phenomenal decades for U2 in all due respects. If you think of the 80's, you think of Boy, October, War, Live at Red Rocks, The Unforgettable Fire, Live Aid, The Joshua Tree, the cover of Time magazine, Rattle and Hum, and on and on and on, and yet, much of this happened with little or no exposure, but just diehard fans who looked for every opportunity, every little magazine article, or cover report, every tour to talk with and find that same passion in other fans, and then these incredible albums swept into your life like a cool breeze on a hot summer night, and you realized that there was not silence, but that the band was almost doing not stop touring and writing and making music for their fans, so that they could connect in this most incredible way onstage and on record. I guess when you don't have something readily available, sometimes you appreciate it just a little more. Well that is just a little insight that I hope helps what life was like for a U2 fan in the 80's...but can I say, I'm just as thrilled to be a fan in the 00's just as much back then...I guess some of us are just fortunate to be that old where we could experience the 80's U2 in all their glory, and in essence, set the stage, laid the foundation for the 90's and beyond, to which we find ourselves today just as in love with this incredible band that has been giving us their all since the 70's...Awesome is all I can say.

Chris

Chris, did I ever mention that I LOVE YOUR WRITING????
biggrin.gif

ummmm.......Chris, it is a Catch 22. While I love to hear the "up-to-date" information, especially regarding touring rumors, etc. I also have to keep in mind that that's what "they" could be......rumors. I also feel for the band. Their privacy. When I met them at the Four Seasons it was 4:00am. Still they were so kind to everyone who was there....and they seemed pretty tired. (They did a performance that night at Foxboro). But that's while they are on tour. I think while they are off tour, give them the break they deserve and the respect also. Hearing more about the new album, possible tours, etc. makes me wonder and hopeful. I can't NOT "look in" to see what's going on....but maybe it would be better if I didn't. If I could just drag myself away from this addiction! But, of all the addictions out there, being so to music isn't such a bad thing...let's the soul dance!

Originally posted by U2junkie:
If I could just drag myself away from this addiction! But, of all the addictions out there, being so to music isn't such a bad thing...let's the soul dance!

Yeah, I will admit that the internet has definitely fueled the fire of my addiction. It has to be a good thing...right?
wink.gif

Chris

Just wanted to mention that the book 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller is a classic.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
Just wanted to mention that the book 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller is a classic.

I have never read it myself, but one of my college roommates had to read it for a lit class last semester and she really got a kick out of it. She kept reading passages from it to me, and I found it quite amusing.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Back
Top Bottom