A Sort of Homecoming video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mad25

The Fly
I never knew this existed, so sorry if this is old but I just saw the Sort of Homecoming video - on ktu.com of all places - go here

http://www.ktu.com/cc-common/videos_on_demand/

and on video vault to the right, go to U...and you'll see it.

It's definitely an official video for when the song was released. Never saw this video b4 - how rare is this?

I like it alot by the way...:drool:

Hmmm..they don't even list it on u2.com (not that that should surprise us!).

Just watched it. Reminds me a little of the Spanish Eyes video--all those panning shots of 80s America, cars, trucks, etc.

God, I love this song! :drool: Watching the video reminded me. :wink:

Anyone able to capture it and put it up for download?

That's on The Unforgettable Fire Video collection, and not rare.
But it's a good one (despite Bono's truly dreadful haircut).

Sadly when they put the Unforgettable Fire documentary on the Slane DVD they left off the videos that were on the original VHS.

Like woah, that is an awesome video, thanks for finding it u2mad25, I've been trying to watch it on MTV.com for the longest time but it doesn't work with my computer. *most extreme bowing for video*:wink:

Easily the best version of the song and one of their best music videos. Love it!

I use a program called FlashGet--it's a download manager. I open the source of the u2.com videos and find the link where the video is embedded, take the link of the video and put it into a new download for FlashGet. They also download really quickly due to the program.

RedrocksU2 said:
...thanks!

:) Click on the link to open the vide now, window should pop up, and right click anywhere that's not part of the video screen (sometimes it can be hard to find it because they make the video fill up the whole screen, but try the very edges). Hit "View source" and look for the link to the video, it usually ends in .mov or .wmv (depending on which movie type you've selected), and the filename should end in something like Q_H_IWF.mov. Translation: Quicktime, high quality, I Will Follow. Put the whole url in a new download (under Jobs). Hope it works for you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom