A Sort of Homecoming next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rob33 said:
During the vertigo tour, does anyone know if U2 rehearsed or sound checked any of the never before played live songs...like acrobat, RHMT, heartland...any of those?

Nope. I'm just trying to think of historical examples of songs soundchecked but never played live.

JT Tour: Red Hill Mining Town on 1987-11-28 and other dates around that time.

Lovetown: Acrobat supposedly had its origins at a soundcheck in Auckland. I emphasise "supposedly"; I have no confirmation of this.

ZooTV: The famous acoustic Acrobat soundcheck from 1992-08-06.

Popmart: Playboy Mansion was trialled in pre-tour rehearsals.

Elevation: 2001-04-20, Adam warms up in the soundcheck by playing 4th Of July's bassline.

... might add also full band versions of "Peace On Earth", that were rumoured to be played during Elevation's 3rd leg. Onle two longer than the usual snippet versions survived in concerts back then ...

Ah yes, thanks, forgot about that. Shame that was never done as I would have liked to have heard the proper full band live version. I guess they just never were happy with it - I remember it was rehearsed repeatedly right up to the first gig of the third leg.

PS Thanks for the comment you left over on my blog. I really, really appreciated it.

oh Axver also "So Cruel" right? from the same soundcheck as "Acrobat" i think

So Cruel was actually done publicly, at four gigs on ZooTV's third leg.

I adore ASOH. But one thing that has always irked me live, Bono doesn't sing the "See the sky the burning rain/ She will die and live again". That's argubly the most powerful moment in U2's entire catalogue. It's a shame really because they performed that part at the beginning of the UF tour.

It's a fantastic song, but I doubt it's played unless it makes sense with the new material.

Axver said:
PS Thanks for the comment you left over on my blog. I really, really appreciated it.

Hope to see ya soon again on this planet, mate. One of the reasons – apart from a drink together: Don't forget, we'll have some 'slow dancing' left ...

Back
Top Bottom