A Rumor Rising...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HolyJoe914

The Fly
A couple of other boards are buzzing over the possibility that the Grammy show will open with a pretty spectacular teamup.

Hint: "Stand By Me," 1987 ...
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by HolyJoe914 (edited 02-27-2002).]

Well you definitely have my attention, care to divuldge a little bit more on the rumor??

Bruce Springsteen & U2???

Nah, I don't see that happen. IIRC, Bruce is not scheduled to perform. Besides, it is (almost) confirmed that U2 will perform with Kirk Franklin, they'll do Walk On.
Further evidence for Walk On is that Interscope is re-releasing the single in the USA. The single will be re-released today (Wednesday) in a special radio-mix, so hopefully all radio stations have this song Thursday morning. The strategy? This way the all radio stations will have the same song to play when they report about the Grammy's and U2. The single will then (hopefully) chart in the Hot 100, so U2 will have another hit, (hopefully) increasing album sales.

But I digress...

Bruce & U2? Not on these Grammy's.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Corey Feldman and Jerry O'Connell are going to tell campfire stories while U2 sing?

------------------
The hunter gets captured by the game

I'm a major Springsteen, fan, and this has been a hot topic on Springsteen websites. I'd be surprised if they actually did open the show together, but I'll be ready with a tape in the VCR to record it if it happens. Bono and Bruce are my 2 favorite singers, and I know plenty of people who hate both, so I just think it would be so cool to piss them off with those 2 singing together.

I heard Bono was going to be singing Walk On with Franklin...with a full traditional gospel choir in the background... (a la The "I Still haven't found what I'm looking for" off of Rattle and Hum....)

Musicans apparently those love traditional gospel choirs
biggrin.gif

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom