A quick Bono story...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Some ppl probably already know this, but I didnt until last nite.

Apparently, when Bono arrived in Italy to perform with Pavarotti in a couple of yrs bk, he realised he'd forgotten his fave. Trilby Hat. So he contacted home, and arranged for a Taxi to collect his hat, take it to Gatwick Airport, and put it on the next plane out to Italy! This set him bk £1000 apparently.

A little piece of useless info here maybe, but it made me laugh! It was on a music quiz show in the UK last nite. The guests had to decide if it was Bono who did it, or Justin Timberlake!

The presenter of the show joked that "With that £1000, Bono could've provided Trilbys to hundreds of African Families"

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

The presenter of the show joked that "With that £1000, Bono could've provided Trilbys to hundreds of African Families"

I forgot 1 thing - they were also watching 'The Sweetest Thing' video, and one of the guests, said that the 'I'm Sorry' banner that features heavily throughout, was Bertie Ahern, apologising to the world, for giving them Westlife AND U2?!
:madspit:

Hasn't this story been debunked in here like a dozen times? Especially since he didn't even wear a trilby hat at that performance.:huh:

What u mean, post a thread asking if anyone had already heard the story about........

And then i'd have the same responses that i've already got? Not sure what the point would've been in that.

Aardvark747 said:
What u mean, post a thread asking if anyone had already heard the story about........

And then i'd have the same responses that i've already got? Not sure what the point would've been in that.

It's the difference between posting something as fact when it's not, and finding out if something is fact.

Ok, whatever - i've had a long day, i'm not gonna get annoyed by ur post. If u've been severely affected by me posting this, then I do hope u get better soon.

Shaliz said:
I hadn't heard this story before, either. Whether it's true or not, it's funny to think that he might have actually done this!:wink:

Yeah, that's what I thought when seeing this show last nite! I felt sure that it was gonna be Justin Trousersnake, but apparently not!:wink:

Who knows, I wish Bono was here right now for me to confirm!:sad:

:up::applaud:::D

Thanks for that Aardvark!

Luckily for me, I don't have to obtain a certificate of authenticity for every story I read, to ensure a good nights sleep...I still enjoyed it all the same!

:ohmy:

Aw that's quite cool! I don't watch it often, but it's a good laugh the odd occassion I've seen it! I'm also fan of Bill Bailey so that's a bonus too...:up:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Well if you thought it would arise, maybe you should have checked your facts.
boystupidboy said:
Yet another half baked untruth.Aardvark i credited you with more common sense than to believe that story.Come on man,as bvss has already stated ,try checkin your facts first before posting:mad:
What is this, the New York Times? Okay, bad example, but all the same, chill out.

Back
Top Bottom