A question for women - about "Losing Interest...."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I am going to graduate school for a masters in education. I am an attractive 24 year old guy, in good shape, very social, good dresser, all around well rounded guy. My girlfriend of about a year and half broke up a few months ago and I have been single ever since. When I first started my graduate program, I didn't notice anyone who really knocked me off of my feet. I honestly felt there was no one in the class who I could be interested in. Then this girl Michelle, shows total interst in me. She constantly came to my class where I student teach (we were student teaching in the same school, she called me all the time for "help", she was always asking me to hang out. So we hung out one night. Nothing too crazy, it was a Wednesday night and we had three drinks, talked about school, whatever. At the beginning of the night she says "I always wanted to hang out with you, I would call you for no reason and think of reasons to come to your class" and " I always wanted to find out what you were doing on the weekends..." All signs that this girl was really into me. So, I kind of realized she was kind of cute. I kissed her goodnight that night. I was busy that weekend, as was she, but I called on the following Wednesday night her to ask her to ask her to hang out that night, but she said she had plans but "I am really glad you called, any night I would love to hang out" So I said, "how about friday?" She said she couldn't on Friday. I was busy on Saturday, so I said "Well we wil definetly hang out soon." We have seen each other in class and hung out in between periods, but she seems to have lost that initial interest. And now I am more interested than I was in the beginning, which is usually the way it works. So ladies, what gives? What should I do to regain the interest level?

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Oh, and I know she just broke up with her boyfriend of two years not too long ago, but it was her decision, not his......... So, there you have the facts.

I would say maybe she's 'cautious' because she just broke up w/ her boyfriend-so it doesn't necessarily mean she's lost interest in you.

Don't give up. Do you e-mail her? It's a good way to keep in touch even if you're busy, and to get to know someone better. If you're OK w/ doing it, why don't you just ask her straight out where things stand?

Good luck.
smile.gif

Maybe she's just busy right now. Don't give up. Us girls are whacked.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

My theory is that she stirred your interest and now wants to be conquored. But then again I'm a bit mental...

Originally posted by Hitman:
I am going to graduate school for a masters in education. I am an attractive 24 year old guy, in good shape, very social, good dresser, all around well rounded guy.

With modesty like that...who can resist/

You said that when she told you how she felt you had both had a few drinks. She may have been just a little more relaxed then she usually is and now feels a bit embarrassed for telling you how she really felt. That may be the problem to, but it sounds like she is just busy. Dont give up but dont push her to much either.....I just hope she's not playing hard to get now because that would just be stupid.

Good luck with her and with your degree.
wink.gif

Dude, stop thinking so much! don't fry your brain because some chick doesn't seem interested now. There are WAY TOO MANY chicks out there to worry yourself over 1 that doesn't seem interested!

Right, she's probably just busy. I agree with everyone here. She had a few drinks, told you some stuff, got embarressed, and is taking a slight step back. She just got out of a long relationship. She probably just needs some space. DOn't stress about it. Girls are weird. Trust me--I know from experience
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom