A new report from U2eastlink.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BigMacPhisto said:
I would expect it to sound like ATYCLB....the band has already admitted that. It's the same stripped down approach, only with a harder sound as the "ABOY" clip confirmed this.

well, to me ATYCLB is hardly stripped down; in fact, I think it's more produced and layered than POP, zooropa, or AB.

ramblin rose said:

He never said Bono took him into his house. He was on the beach in front of the house. If you look at the pictures of the house it's a few feet in front of a public beach. The terrace where they seem to hang out can be seen from the public beach.

I agree that he shouldn't post anything, but I also think he shouldn't even post about his taping & mp3 conversions.

I must have misunderstood then but if he wasnt in the house how on earth does he know that Michael Stipe likes the album???

I have seen pics of the house and the public beach right in front of it and if he was taping from the beach well thats bang out of order.

Like many on this thread I am absolutely sick of people claiming they have heard the album.

Apart from the fans who grabbed a lift in Bono's Masserati some time back in July, all other stories about we've heard 10 tracks blah, blah, are complete rubbish.

After the near disaster with Edge losing his CD do you really think they would invite a bunch of fans in with recording equipment..?

Err hello, I think not..!

I am desperate to hear the new album, but we will have to wait to hear it in all it's glory some time in November.

JOFO said:

well, to me ATYCLB is hardly stripped down; in fact, I think it's more produced and layered than POP, zooropa, or AB.

ATYCLB sounds like a live album compared to those three.

I think the album won't sound like ATYCLB, because of the quotes we heard, but mostly because Lanois/Eno won't be producing this time. Flood in the studio could indicate some effects used again, as Edge has said in an interview, the one where he said his work has been minimalistic over the years and now he's trying to explore the place/sound of a guitar in a rock band.

These guys finally put a sample of what they recorded. It's from a song called "Don't you" (??)

You have the link to the MP3 in another thread just started

U2girl said:

ATYCLB sounds like a live album compared to those three.

ok, well maybe ATYCLB is more stripped down than those, but I still hear it as being very produced and layered. I feel like sometimes people make it sound like its guitar, bass, and drums (to quote Bono), but it's really not.

Back
Top Bottom