A new book coming out called: WALK ON: The Spiritual Journey of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

I had not heard about this book until a friend of mine told me about it yesterday. Its written by Steve Stockman, do any of you know who he is?

How come I haven't seen any articles on U2 sites related to this? Have any of you heard about it? You can order it at Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com. Check it out. I wonder if it will be good.

Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2
The fact that U2 is the biggest rock band in the world is not nearly debated as much as the faith of the band itself. Hailing from Dublin in the early eighties with celebratory anthems of faith, they were a band the Christian world immediately embraced. But over time, the band experienced a wider world and broadened their vision both musically and lyrically. Because of this, it's been said the band has compromised their faith or left it behind altogether.

In Walk On: The Spiritual Journey Of U2, author Steve Stockman mines the band's public work and interviews to see if Bono found what he was looking for on their Popmart tour "baby Jesus under the trash". From "I Will Follow" on their debut album to "Walk On" on their most recent, Stockman suggests that it may actually be Christians who have misunderstood the band and, possibly, the Gospel itself.

The book is a spiritual companion to U2's albums. Check Stockman's website for more writing on U2.

This is a review of the book on Tollbooth.org.

Stockman's website is: www.stocki.ni.org

This is weird, b/c I just read a couple weeks ago a bunch of articles this guy wrote. I was pretty impressed by his writing and insights into U2 and the band- looks like it will be a good read. thanks for letting us know!

------------------
Give me one more chance
And you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances
You won't be denied

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I am going to wait for the audio release. I hear Henry Rollins is doing it. Who is he? Is he that vegetarian?
wink.gif

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

HAha this is so funny, read what the author has to say about this..
"He does fear though that Bono might come and get him! "I am not sure how Bono will take it. I hope he doesn't feel I have undermined him. I just sense there is a great story to tell and some are longing to hear it. On the other hand I might be completely wrong and he might come up and beat my ding dong in!!! I have a few questions to ask him before he does."

Back
Top Bottom