A new bass line for WOWY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Listen to WOWY from Boston. That's a different bass line from what Adam usually plays. I like it better.

Or is it just me?

------------------
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son. - Animal House.

Face it Flounder, you didn't throw up in front of Dean Wormer, you threw up on Dean Wormer. - Animal House

Don't worry folks, he's just a big dumb animal. - Tommy Boy

life is life amanda....

I'm studying for my Psychological Disorders and Adaption final this weekend. It's on Tuesday. I'll start stressing tomorrow.

Hoping this "thing" with a girl will work out. We'll see....

Writing some new songs with some old lyrics. Gawd is it a painful process writing songs. I really understand what musicians go through now...

How's life in Oz?

Originally posted by popkidu2:
I'm studying for my Psychological Disorders and Adaption final this weekend.
and how are the psychological disorders coming along?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

weeeeelllllll, by procrastinating and avoiding my studying, I'm creating anxiety, which can lead to a neurosis and depression.

But, a little bit of anxiety can be a good thing, can heighten one's performance.

Fascinating stuff really. Reading about children and attachment issues and loss from a Freudian perspective. I don't really buy into Freud and the whole psychosexual development thing and the Oedipus and Electra complexes, but it's an intersting theory.

Bowlby's attachment theory is very solid however.

See, I'm studying
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You do know your stuff!
Yeah life in Oz is...well Im still breathing.
Ive got a Xmas party tonight so atleast I'll get some free food and wine!
smile.gif

Just take it easy with the new girl and dont stress, breathe...

Listen to WOWY from Boston. That's a different bass line from what Adam usually plays. I like it better.

Or is it just me?

I'm listening to the 6/9/01 performance (Boston 4) and it sounds the same to me.

the progression on the bass line that I hear on the VHS is straight down, whereas the standard bass line is alternating...uh, I can't think of it in musical terms, but he starts out high then goes down, then back up, then down lower, following the chord progression (B minor, A, D, G...this is off the top of my head so don't flame me if I've got it wrong). The new one he starts out the same, but then just goes down a half note instead of following the A chord. Does that make sense? Maybe it's just the sound from my TV. I'll plug in headphones to try and get better sound and see what I find.....

[This message has been edited by popkidu2 (edited 12-15-2001).]

the progression on the bass line that I hear on the VHS is straight down, whereas the standard bass line is alternating...uh, I can't think of it in musical terms, but he starts out high then goes down, then back up, then down lower, following the chord progression (B minor, A, D, G...this is off the top of my head so don't flame me if I've got it wrong). The new one he starts out the same, but then just goes down a half note instead of following the A chord. Does that make sense? Maybe it's just the sound from my TV. I'll plug in headphones to try and get better sound and see what I find.....

[This message has been edited by popkidu2 (edited 12-15-2001).]

The chords go D, D/A, Bm, G (some say the last chord is a D/G) (tuned down 1/2 step as usual) and the normal bass line goes D, A, B, G, which is what I hear on the 6/9/01 performance. I don't know about the 6/6/01 performance (that's the one you're talking about, right?)

Back
Top Bottom