A New Album Name (RUMOR) Post At U2Log.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
well technicaly creed was with arms wide open... not open arms... now journey on the other hand...

D'oh, you did...

*makes mental note to read threads well before posting nonsense*

Chizip said:
if everybody would just listen to me about when the album will be released maybe you all wouldnt be getting so frustrated....

We just don't want you to look too wrong when it comes out on May 10/11.

would you all just listen to chizip already... he's never wrong...

01.jpg

Bono: This new album has this rock sound like you never heard! It's punk, raw, on Venus, and ROCKING! It's called "With Open Arms".

zig zag is full of shit....and I hate to say it but "With Open Arms" is not a very cool title for an album that is supposed to be full throttle rock...Solar is better...but I could see the Open Arms Tour...

Wait until you see the album title I come up with and post on U2log.com, it will be a doozy.

Any guesses on how many responses it will get on a similar thread to this?

I think I'll call it Alien Clay just to keep with the Creed references.

U2log just posted info they had recieved including actual song titles on the album but yet didnt have this fake album title. I wonder why? Thank goodness that anonymous source had it but didnt have any other songs to add. Actually any of us could come up with some and post them over there and see how long it take to become yet another "rumor". :madspit:

I remember hearing "Achtung Baby" and "The Joshua Tree" way back when, and thinking "what the hell?" C'mon "All That You Can't Leave Behind"? Who really loved that when they first heard it? If it's "Open Arms", then it's "Open Arms". If the songs rock they can call it "Open Legs" and you wouldn't care.

as for the album rumor title "open arms" i dont mind it...but hell i dont care about a bloody title, it could be something to do with the length of this release ;)
you know i quote bono from the BBC radio interview in 2000

"larry wansnt a big fan of the release name ATYCLB, becuase its too big for the shirts, when we released POP he was like great, that will fit perfectly!"

for all i care it could be a self titled album...but that aint gonna happen

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I remember hearing "Achtung Baby" and "The Joshua Tree" way back when, and thinking "what the hell?"
When i first heard the album title "Achtung baby" i thought it was the coolest thing ever.
(that was 2 years ago... lol i am so behind on everything!)

PennyPyro said:

When i first heard the album title "Achtung baby" i thought it was the coolest thing ever.
(that was 2 years ago... lol i am so behind on everything!)

Understandable now, but back then (1991) U2 was known for the earnest and serious stature. Nowadays they are little less restrictive re: album titles. All That You Can't Leave Behind? Really I'm with Larry on that one, it's too damn long. Great album though.

I'd like it if it was called Dragon (what with all the rocking and energy describing the songs).

Back
Top Bottom