A (most likely unoriginal) thought about R&H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacemaker

Refugee
I was thinking recently that Rattle and Hum would be an awesome album if it came packaged as a live CD with a new song EP as a second disc. Specially priced, of course!

That way they could include all/most of the amazing performances from the movie* and have an 8-9 song studio EP (possibly a full LP if they tagged on B-Sides).

*Sunny Day Real Estate released a live album and video at the same time, except the cool thing is, is that the shows on the CD and video were two totally different shows, so this approach to the live CD and movie of R&H could be interesting. Although, its hard to fathom a better version of Exit ever.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Feel free to draw up some tracklists, etc. (i.e. Live version of When Love Comes To Town on the live disc or studio version on the studio disc?)

Yeah, someone makes a thread every month or so about improving R&H by splitting up the live and studio portions. I never get tired of reading about it either; that album was really a mess.

In my imaginary world, they cut nice studio versions of "Slow Dancing" and "She's A Mystery To Me" at Sun. That'd fill out the studio portion nicely. If you added the B-sides, you'd get a couple more good tracks. If you included studio covers, you'd have plenty for a long-player.

And there are definitely enough live tracks from the movie to fill out the live half.

This is one album where I wouldn't mind U2 getting slightly revisionist with a reissue (no recording any new stuff, but you know, arranging it better).

pacemaker said:

Although, its hard to fathom a better version of Exit ever.

Fathom LA 4/20/87

h**p://communicator.maximail.virgilio.it/r.jsp?d=virgilio.it&wr=_unreg_33ephlgi&ws=3x66qb1y&e=virgilio.it&c=zxvrrVUvpV0VIhIS9jtkXi85yOFYzgz526590

Denver is the most famous. But there are a lot I like better.

Back
Top Bottom