"A man and a woman" the "MIAMI" of this album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
A man and a woman is quickly becoming the "MIAMI" of this album. Most people either hate and loathe MIAMI or absolutely love it and will protect it in threads.

I myself love "a man and a woman". It reminds of the very sexy "love comes tumbling" It's sort of a more mature sequel to love comes tumbling.

But now people either love "AMAAW" or absolutely hate it. I notice that in the HTDAAB survivor thread, "AMAAW is losing big time.

Give it another shot folks, it could be the new WOWY of the tour.

I don't love it or hate it -- it's just another very good U2 song. I'd say it's about my 10th favorite song on the album, ahead of All Because Of You.

But no way do I see AMAAW becoming the next WOWY.

Its because I said A Man and A Woman is my favourite song on the album. Everytime I say things like that everyone else automatically hates it. lol

I am the U2 Song Archive Kiss of Death :D

AMAAW ranks low in and HDAAB list for me. I love this song though. I just find myself loving about 7 or 8 other songs from this album SOOOO much more though it's tough. :wink:

its the song i played most in my itunes when i had the leaked copy of the album. it's really good, at least i think so.

Such a good album, I do like the song, but it's hard for it to stand up to the rest of the album. As far as "Miami", I really have to be in the mood for it. As far as Atomic Bomb, I'm pretty empty if I don't get to listen to the whole thing.

You said it perfectly it is like a mature Love Comes Tumbling which is my favorite song. I actually said in other threads that A Man and a Woman could actually move into my number one spot knocking Love Comes Tumbling out for the first time in 21 years. Miami sucks. It isn't even a song. He sounds like he is whining.

beli said:
Everytime I say things like that everyone else automatically hates it. lol

I am the U2 Song Archive Kiss of Death :D

No way!! beli. Listen to what I say!!
(sorry couldn't resist the chance to repeat a song lyric)
This is what makes U2 as brilliant as they are. :heart:
It's not what everyone else like's, it's what you like... :up:
It matters and this is the way you feel, stand up for it!!
Stick to what you like and don't let anyone change your opinion.
:cool: :

AMAAW imo is the most original song, it would be wild if u2 ended up releasing this as a single because everyone would be like whoa, is this u2?

Awesome, Fave song on the album the day i heard it and still is!!!

There is ALOT of tuff competition though! :wink:

Yes, this song is probably my second favorite, with Original of the Species trailing behind and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own leading the way. By the way, Miami is awesome! One of my favorites on Pop, which is in my top 3 U2 albums, by the way. I guess I'm one of those Miami defender-types. It's ok if you don't like it, though. I understand.

i think this song could be a single, it obviously wont but I think its fantastic. Incredible tune, definition of a grower though, at least for me.

Miami is a monster of a track, an awesome song. A Man and a Woman is an 'ok' song at best.

I loved AM&AW right out of the gate! Maybe it's because I've been in a monogamous relationship now for 16 years (13 of them married!) and I can REALLY relate to what B's saying.

(Stand by for Blu's Philosphy of the Day :lol: ) Romance is great & every relationship needs it - but love is what keeps you together when you absolutely can't f*ckin' stand the sight of each other!! :D Romance is about YOU feeling special in a particular moment; love is about making your partner feel special for the long haul.

I mean, yeah - I wish my hubby were a little more romantic. Surprise get-aways out of town, special little gifts/notes/cards for no reason, the occasional flowers when it's NOT Valentine's Day. But out-of-town trips come to an end, love notes & cards go into a shoebox in the closet to be forgotten, and flowers die... It's much more exciting to me to know my guy's going to support me emotionally, physically, spiritually, and Hell!, even financially today, tomorrow, for the rest of our lives. And I would never give up my boring security for occasional romantic excitement.

Soooo... have I bored you all to tears yet with my old married lady ramblings??? :eyebrow: Apologies!! :reject: :)

Last edited:
Most innovative and different track off the album which would appeal more to older listeners.

Notice how most people say they love the song yet rank it low, shows how good the album is and that possibly it is indeed the best yet, (although many try and dodge this idea due to their loyalty to JT and AB).

i don't think you can compare the two. "Miami" is one of the more innovative songs that U2 has done, and it fit well on an amazing album(Pop is in my top 3, for the record).

AMAAW is a great tune that doesn't necessarily fit in the rest of the album, IMO. but i'm glad it's on the album.

While I do like A Man And A Woman, I must admit that it is the one song on the album that makes me think, "Uh oh, U2 just took their first step into 'adult contemporary' territory. Watch out Sting!"

Yikes.

james

this is my absolute favorite, too. i noticed everyone either loves it or hates it, but I still think it is so different for them, you have to love it. beautiful

I think that there is a lot of polarization on a number of the songs on this album, and "A Man and a Woman" is no exception. I like it, but it's a song that has had to grow on me, whereas regardless of how much I tried with "Miami," I just couldn't like it.

Actually the first thing I thought was that it's the "In A Little While" of the HTDAAB, in terms of its (as Bono has said about both tracks I think) Al Green/R&B minor key groove. I really like it, although I feel it lacks something more immediate that IALW seemed to possess. But nevertheless, it is emotive, and a real Adam stand-out. (It also features the instrument drop-out save for bass at the beginning of the last verse I think, sort of the opposite of "Turn it on..." in IALW where Adam and Larry came back in unexpectedly...it's a good call in both songs.)

I LOVE A man and a woman! It's my favorite song by a long shot on the record and I can't wait to hear it live.

miami is one of the better u2 songs ever, and those who don't "get it" are usually the same ones who "don't get" music that isn't constructed for the listening pleasure of soccer moms.

Zoomerang96 said:
miami is one of the better u2 songs ever, and those who don't "get it" are usually the same ones who "don't get" music that isn't constructed for the listening pleasure of soccer moms.
:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom