A Man And A Woman - and a growing problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It really doesn't fit in on the album, it has not guitar solo and mostly reminds me of Wild Honey or something.
At times I just grow tired of heavy guitars, and when I think of it, I would be happier if there were more songs like this one on it. This album lacks more downbeat tracks.

What do you think...?

That song made me think of modern Red Hot Chili Peppers material. Not that that's a bad thing. But I can easily see those guys doing a song just like it, but not nearly as well produced. No freaking complaints from me about anything on the new album. I think it's perfect.

It's not that I think this song is horrible... but it is my least favorite song on the album. I would have chosen 'Mercy' in a heartbeat over it. And 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever' as well, for that matter.

But I am not going to complain about a thing. I love this album and I have faith that the other songs will turn up b-sides.

I cannot understand why U2 fans don't love this song. To me it is one of the most interesting tracks on the album.
In a danish newspaper, the reviewer headlined this track as the one that might reveal the "future sound" of U2.
If this is the sound of the future for U2, I would be very happy.
The sound on the other tracks points backwards.
And that is not saying I don't love the album. I think it's soooo much better than ATYCLB.

I thought it was one of the weakest tracks at first. Now it is finally beginning to grow on me.

pulle28 said:
I cannot understand why U2 fans don't love this song. To me it is one of the most interesting tracks on the album.
In a danish newspaper, the reviewer headlined this track as the one that might reveal the "future sound" of U2.
If this is the sound of the future for U2, I would be very happy.
The sound on the other tracks points backwards.
And that is not saying I don't love the album. I think it's soooo much better than ATYCLB.

I don't hate it!..It just hasnt grown on me yet, but I havent had time to really relax and enjoy the CD. and I maybe it would help if I stop pressing "repeat" on my Cd player for City of blinding lights, Sometimes, Love Peace or else, Step closer to knowing and Fast cars (which are the ones I loved at first listen) other than Vertigo..I just have to carefully listen and enjoy the rest of the songs

Aardvark747 said:
"How can I hurt when im holding you?" is MY standout line from the album..:drool:

Yeah, that line is brilliant...

I love the whole song, and I like where they've placed it on the album. Sort of gives you a chance to "breathe". lol

i think a man and a woman is somewhere where u2 hasn't gone before, its very sting/police, but i like it

Guide to How to Like A Man and A Woman:

One, sit down in a dark room.

Two, make yourself a coffee/tea/beer/wine/water or whatever you prefer.

Three, turn up the volume and the bass.

Four, put on A Man and A Woman.

Five, play it loud

Six, if you still don't like, I can't help!

szuchy said:
I thought it was one of the weakest tracks at first. Now it is finally beginning to grow on me.

Sort of a similar story for me. I loved all the tracks at first and had a really hard time deciding which I preferred, but for some reason, I felt as if I loved AMAAW the least and that it had some weak points. Well now, it's grown and it's one of my favourites. As soon as COBL (my favourite on the album) is finished, I often skip right over ABOY just to hear AMAAW.

Axver said:

Sort of a similar story for me. I loved all the tracks at first and had a really hard time deciding which I preferred, but for some reason, I felt as if I loved AMAAW the least and that it had some weak points. Well now, it's grown and it's one of my favourites. As soon as COBL (my favourite on the album) is finished, I often skip right over ABOY just to hear AMAAW.

No Axver, tell the truth now...You skip over ABOY to avoid making any immature 'bottom burp' noises!!

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

No Axver, tell the truth now...You skip over ABOY to avoid making any immature 'bottom burp' noises!!

:wink:

Trying to take over every thread with your immaturity now, Aardfart? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom