a man and a woman!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
this(and maby 3 more) is the only song that i can listen to off htdaab!!

great beat!!! it has a michael jackson/george michael feel to it!!

hope they play it live!!

Last edited:
yep, Great song, a little different than anything they have done previously, I love the rhythm in this song, Larry and Adam doing just a great job here.

The acoustic guitar has a spanish flavour to it, fitting as they recorded in spain and the vocals are really great!

:drool:

Shuan Vox is my new hero....he made a positive thread!!! :wink:

shaun vox said:

great beat!!! it has a michael jackson/george michael feel to it!!

Urghhhhhhhhh ..........A michael jackson/george michael feel to it, damn thats enough for me to hate it straight away!

no no it does not sound like a MJ or JM song it just has that
sexiness quality to it that most of mj or jm songs have!! thats all.
im not a jm fan but MJ rocks:rockon:

It has an awesome, catchy, jammin' bass riff, maybe that's why you compare it to a michael jackson song?

The bass in Billie Jean :drool:

Is this a joke, been seeing a bunch of sarcastic posts around here lately.

If it's not a joke, congratulations, you're one of the few guys who like it. Adam and Edge among that minority of men who like it.

For the most part though, Adam was right, I haven't come across too many ladies who don't like/love it.

This would make a great soundtrack to "The Love Boat" soundtrack...if they ever make that movie. But honestly I Really Like This Song

I like it, but it's not the highest or the lowest point in HTDAAB. It has some very, very cool lines and the bass + acoustic guitar sound very well.

True love never can rent
But only true love can keep beauty innocent

and

You can run from love
And if it's really love it will find you
And catch you by the heel
But you can't be numb to love
The only pain is to feel nothing at all
How can I hurt when I'm holding you

and

The soul needs beauty for a soul mate
When the soul wants, the soul waits

All Because of You and Vertigo, at least, are worse.

I like the song cos Adam likes the song (his favourite from the album), and I LOVE ADAM!

Gooooooood bass, could have been a bit louder tho?

Edge's falsetto is phenomenal too!

Are you sure you guys at this forum are actually FANS of U2? Why such excessive criticism? Surely there is another more-impartial, less-U2 forum where the detractors can air their views?

I made a thread about this song once. I agree that it's one of the few good 'original' songs on HTDAAB! Plus it's not over-produced, has a great bass line and some nice lyrics. I don't know about the MJ or GM comparisons, even though I like their work too. :wink:

extraordinary song:drool:
Great feel, i absolute love it:heart:

"I thought this is the one for me, but she was already mine, you were already mine"
:bow:

I've said for months that this should've been released as a single. Other than Vertigo, AMAAW is the only radio ready song on HTDAAB. I really wonder how record company types get their jobs. This song has twice the chance of getting significant airplay than SYCMOYO, COBL or ABOY did. Those songs are deep cuts that would only get airplay with momentum behind them because they're either too serious or rough hewn.

Think back to AB. One and MW created momentum for EBTTRT and WGRYWH to crack the top 40. No way those songs would've done that otherwise. Currently, Green Day is experiencing this phenomenon due to 'Broken Dream' creating momentum for anything they release now.

I know a lot of people disagree, but this is one of the best tracks on the album! It’s full of melancholy. A little like the “lush” sound in “Love Comes Tumbling”. This track doesn’t resemble any other song in U2’s back-catalog. It’s sounds totally new and fresh. Beautiful romantic guitar-work by Edge, beautiful atmospheric background vocals, a very “at-your-service” playing Adam and Larry, really great, and Bono…well…, what can I say… it’s been a long time that I’ve heard him singing this clear, emotional (but not over the top), every word is really sung, every note/sound gives me goose bumps! And the lyrics are awesome!
This summer my beautiful wife and I were driving along the coast-line on the Cote d’Azur (yes, down to Eze also) while the sun went down in the sea. We had this song on the radio. We both didn’t speak.., because, we couldn’t…We both had a lump in our throat. This song really is what life/love is all about! U2 at it’s best. Just beautiful…And for all those who don’t like the song: sorry for you you don’t get it!
-: The track should last 30 minutes! Just beautiful!!! Nothing more to say…

Eh, it's only alright. I'd rank it about fifth best on the album. It's better than the hugely over-rated Vertigo, I'll give it that.

Back
Top Bottom